How would you play this hole?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: How would you play this hole?

Postby jakee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 am

Dig It wrote:If you want some critique then post it in the critique section so others that may not be paying attention to this thread will smell what you're cooking. You could also post a link from here to that critique thread for extra bro points.

Cool. Will do. Thanks!
jakee
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ahhh! S Wizard

Postby jakee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

No dice on the camera. My friend didn't bring it and my 10 month old broke mine a while back. I will have to get video another day. The results? Wizard hit the wall. Spider hit the tree on the left. TL bit the dust 3 times in a row. I don't know why but for whatever reason when I threw my TL I could not for the life of me get it to go UP. It just hit the dirt in front of me every time. Ah well. Next time.
jakee
Noob

Postby jakee » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I tried a thumber today. HA HA. Terrible idea. Didn't make it and rolled back down.
jakee
Noob

Postby JHern » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 am

You're right that a forehand anhyzer flex-like shot can work sweet lines like the one you would need on that hole, but you have to throw over-stable plastic, and on that line you have to hit exactly the right angle, since this kind of throw is very sensitive to errors. One of the women locals at DeLaveaga throws pin-point accurate forehand shots (I saw her deuce a 450' hole using long accuracy alone), but for most of us mortals it is too difficult.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby jakee » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am

JHern wrote:You're right that a forehand anhyzer flex-like shot can work sweet lines like the one you would need on that hole, but you have to throw over-stable plastic, and on that line you have to hit exactly the right angle, since this kind of throw is very sensitive to errors. One of the women locals at DeLaveaga throws pin-point accurate forehand shots (I saw her deuce a 450' hole using long accuracy alone), but for most of us mortals it is too difficult.

I'll happily agree with that statement. I ALMOST made it with my TL yesterday. Hit the wall but stayed up there! Denied by the rim when I shot for deuce though. Hehe.
jakee
Noob

Postby Dookville » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:56 am

jakee wrote:
JHern wrote:You're right that a forehand anhyzer flex-like shot can work sweet lines like the one you would need on that hole, but you have to throw over-stable plastic, and on that line you have to hit exactly the right angle, since this kind of throw is very sensitive to errors. One of the women locals at DeLaveaga throws pin-point accurate forehand shots (I saw her deuce a 450' hole using long accuracy alone), but for most of us mortals it is too difficult.

I'll happily agree with that statement. I ALMOST made it with my TL yesterday. Hit the wall but stayed up there! Denied by the rim when I shot for deuce though. Hehe.

Keep throwing that TL at it...great idea. I have a 150g Dx Shark i would try and flex through there as well. Interesting shot, thanks for the mental challenge.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

I'd throw a putter if there was no wind. Depending on wind direction it would be a mid with the necessary stability to negotiate the line.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Previous

Return to Technique