My Grip?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My Grip?

Postby Jak3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Ive been reading alot of articles on grip lately and ive noticed some possible problem areas in mine, mainly with my thumb and index finger.

They say your suppose to pinch you thumb and index finger together to create some kind of lock or whatever.. I cant seem to get my index finger around the rim enough to even make contact with the back side of the disc. Is this terribly important or just varies from person to person? I have really small hands.

I should probably add the whole reason i started researching grip is because ive been having nose up issues and i think its really holding me back with my distance and accuracy.

Heres some pics i took of my grip. Note that my pinky finger kinda just rest there and i dont apply much pressure to the rim.

max d is 350s

Thanks
Jak3
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: My Grip?

Postby Star Shark » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Your grip isn't bad. What we're talking about with the lock point is a spot where you thumb contacts your index finger through the flight plate, giving your disc a spot to pivot around at the launch. I used the grips that Dave Feldberg talks about in this clip.

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Re: My Grip?

Postby Jak3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey thanks, thats what i wanted to hear.
Jak3
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Technique