Need help...

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need help...

Postby avgwhiteguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:24 pm

I've just started playing about 3 weeks ago. I'm a short stocky guy and i have a hard time getting the whip and acceleration that the tall and lean guys get... it seems like all the pro's have a long and lean body structure, so I'm asking how could I get more whip/acceleration with short arms. on a RHBH, I seem to hyzer it and drive about 200' to 300' dependent upon the throw... I feel like i can throw a thumber or hammer farther than my BH. Any suggestions???
avgwhiteguy
Noob

Favorite Disc: buzz

Re: Need help...

Postby Beetard » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:32 am

Read the combining concepts thread that is right near this one in this technique section.

I usually cause more confusion by trying to explain things. Just look at those tasty diagrams and see if there are specific things you do not understand.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sujH3jVF0Q
BW isn't really the epitome of short and stocky obviously, but he's far from the lanky fellows like Climo.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Redisculous » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Look for DGDave's video in the critique section too :)

Read the maxing at 300' thread and the incomplete super secret technique, if you're willing to put that much time into it.

You talked about the whip..... when you crack a whip there is only tension at the start, when you snap the handle forward to get the end of the whip up front, and at the crack at the end. All the stuff in between is fluid and tension-free.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby Parks » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Garrett Gurthie isn't too far from short and stocky, and he throws bigger bombs than just about anyone. You could check out video of him.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Technique