Sore ankles

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Sore ankles

Postby Smigles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 am

Well, I didnt realy expect this, but yesterday I realised how much I need the hole body for everything disc golf.

We went hiking two days ago, and due to a slight miscalculation in the route we were on our way for 6 hours instead of the planned ( and recreational ) 3 hours. While I am fine, I noticed that I have some muscle soreness in my ankles, they are not used to walking that long distances.

Well, yesterday I wanted to play a round of golf, and I instantly noticed how messed up my putts are. There was no body rocking, no swinging back and forth, and a very tired feeling in my ankles. Driving was so-so, I can deal with it easier. But putting was just gone. I am amazed how complex putting is and how much I depend on weight shift, kicking the back leg up etc.

Just a observation that surprised me :)
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Re: Sore ankles

Postby JR » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 am

Especially at longer distances where you lose accuracy if you go full tilt with the arm. So weight shift matters and a lot. Now you know why Americans are ahead in the game because they can practice full time. They need to in order to be that good at putting at longer distances.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Sore ankles

Postby BrohanSolo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am

A lot of times when you are having problems in a specific joint it is due the joint one joint away (above or below). What your problem probably is, is stiff knees. Bend them slightly, this won't require you to have all that weight on your ankles at one time, which should reduce pain over time.
Athletes Train Movements, Not Muscles; you have to carry the engine.
BrohanSolo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Force

Return to Technique