Ball golf form analysing app for discgolf ?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ball golf form analysing app for discgolf ?

Postby Smigles » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I dont think that they can be much use because the nature of the two drives are so different. Am I right there ?

I mean stuff like in these pictures : http://www.purplegolf.com/images/Articl ... wings1.jpg

Can it be used for disc golf right away without re-coding it to consider the different body positions, angles, horizontal line of the disc compared to the circular motion of the club etc ?
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Re: Ball golf form analysing app for discgolf ?

Postby JR » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I talked to the Finnish rep of Dartfish, the leading pro athlete video measurement and training and sport TV broadcasting software, at a sports fair. It has the capability of measuring forces, that are generated from each body parts, velocities, angles etc. All Olympic events in summer sports and most winter Olympic sports use their software. www.dartfish.com allows you to download and use a demo of one of their suites with 80 % of the functionality enabled for a month. He said, i haven't downloaded it yet. Or used it. Preferably you need a high speed camera at high resolutions, but you can make do with low rez cams such as Casio Exilim line or some Sony models with golf shot function. I forgot the camera i was told of, but there is a new camera with high speed function out there.

That suite and top players could very well determine, which form is the most efficient. i think if you have the camera, you need to pay over a thousand bucks for the software and they have different suites so that is just the starting price.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Ball golf form analysing app for discgolf ?

Postby JHern » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:15 am

One day, perhaps...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Technique