Question with max distance

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Question with max distance

Postby pask2155 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Ok so as of now I can throw max 330'. I have a question though. I mostly have been using a nuke. What's the best way to get max distance? Obviously saying my feet are correct my snap is correct and my form is good (not that it always is but just to keep it constant) but should I release it out to my left anhyzer for max distance? Or should I let it go straight or flat and let it drift right but hook hard left?

I hope this makes sense?

So in a perfect world how should I be releasing for max distance? Flat? Anhyzer for a s curve?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Re: Question with max distance

Postby zj1002 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Max distance depends on the wind and elevation assuming you have your form in check. Trying to release the disc nose down on a level plane is key. The angles just depend on how you read the wind. For some guys big hyzer flips work best, others prefer to throw flex shots. Most would agree a big hyzer flip gives you the best potential distance. It is actually more of a nose down flip, where the extreme nose down hyzer causes the disc to flip over and track right before flexing back out left
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby pask2155 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:04 pm

What's a flex shot?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

S-curve or left to right flight starting with anhyzer flexing back from that to flat or even fading like usual after that before hitting the ground.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique