Aiming!?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Aiming!?

Postby JR » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:07 am

Beers! Err cheers!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Redisculous » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:57 am

Glad you got it figured out! I remember reading about not turning your head to watch your shot a while back, but I don't remember the specifics. What do you do with your head now, and what do you focus on with your eyes, now that you have fixed the problem?
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby archimedesjs » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 am

I actually just keep my head facing the same direction my chest faces throughout the throw. I'll look at my intended line, until I turn my body back before the plant in my x-step, at which point I'll keep my head/neck facing the same direction as my chest. I just focus on planting my foot now before I attempt the pull, then go through my normal motions. I'm not consciously looking at anything now, I am so focused on the feel of the hit, that I don't even see anything until after I release. My eyes are open, but I'm not seeing anything, if that makes sense? Focusing all my attention on planting that step, and THEN going through my motions did the trick. Before, when I was really trying to crush it, I was starting to pull before my foot hit the ground, so when it did I was already 3/4 of the way through my throw, and I was tossing them hard, and far, but to the right. Usually I'd say this new form tweak was a fluke event, but I played 18 holes on a fairly wooded course, where there was no room for error if you missed your line, and I hit it every single time, no matter how hard I threw as long as I focused on waiting til my plant foot landed. I'll upload some video of the early release, and my shanked drives shortly. Both were taken at Warwick, in NY...wish I had this epiphany then, it's not a fun feeling to run out of bogey beads every single round, lol.
archimedesjs
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hydra

Postby archimedesjs » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:51 am

archimedesjs
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hydra

Previous

Return to Technique