Hitting the reset button

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hitting the reset button

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:21 am

I'm doin the same thing beetard.

There is a local pitch and putt course near my house and most holes are very short 230ft and under. So I've been throwing my Comets left handed every chance I get. I must be doing something right because instead of turning and burning like a Comet would if you are throwing it wrong it's going straight with fade. Shoot even my Elite X one is going dead straight
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby Beetard » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:42 pm

How's it goin' guys!?

Isn't it exciting getting better at throwing left-handed, Uncle Brother? I can't wait until I can drive some holes leftie!

I was at the field tossing a few today, trying to get it set in stone that the weight shift is what is starting my kinetic chain and that from there I open my hips. They were all controlled, low effort throws, and I had a few that bombed (at least for me) Will Shusterick's demonstration of weight shift really helped it click for me. Fast-forward to 3:40 for those who want to get to the point

Dan Beto actually taught it to me a while ago, but at the time I couldn't see that it was exactly where I needed to start and what I needed to master in order to improve my throw.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby masterbeato » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:51 pm

I see my name getting thrown around a lot around here! haha! I kind of disappeared for a while there I thought people forgot about me. Beetard, long time no see, or hear anything for that matter.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby JR » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:09 am

The beast lives!!! :D How are you Dan? I hope your studies go well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ELItheICEman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:12 am

Well since Beto is showing his face here, I may as well ask something that's been bugging me lately.

Beto - if I remember correctly, your grip places the disc slightly above the seam of the hand, yes? (see http://discgolfreview.com/resources/art ... ipit.shtml) Blake has said that the disc should be at or above the seam to help with nose angle; but I've noticed that when I put the disc at or above the seam my grip doesn't feel as strong as it does when the disc is just below the seam.

Do you experience the same difference in grip strength between these disc positions?

By the way, good to see you haven't forgotten about this place! Hope everything's going well.
ELItheICEman
Noob

Previous

Return to Technique