Hitting the reset button

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hitting the reset button

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:21 am

I'm doin the same thing beetard.

There is a local pitch and putt course near my house and most holes are very short 230ft and under. So I've been throwing my Comets left handed every chance I get. I must be doing something right because instead of turning and burning like a Comet would if you are throwing it wrong it's going straight with fade. Shoot even my Elite X one is going dead straight
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: Hitting the reset button

Postby Beetard » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:42 pm

How's it goin' guys!?

Isn't it exciting getting better at throwing left-handed, Uncle Brother? I can't wait until I can drive some holes leftie!

I was at the field tossing a few today, trying to get it set in stone that the weight shift is what is starting my kinetic chain and that from there I open my hips. They were all controlled, low effort throws, and I had a few that bombed (at least for me) Will Shusterick's demonstration of weight shift really helped it click for me. Fast-forward to 3:40 for those who want to get to the point

Dan Beto actually taught it to me a while ago, but at the time I couldn't see that it was exactly where I needed to start and what I needed to master in order to improve my throw.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Previous

Return to Technique