Zam's Yeti/Zj clinic vid

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Zam's Yeti/Zj clinic vid

Postby Flipflat » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Zam posted this over on DGCR but not here for some reason, but it was posted in the hip rotation/snap thread by JR; but I think it deserves it's own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IT7aABWEKw

I thought it interesting that Yeti recommends spinning on your heel on the follow through, and that you lose power if you spin on the balls of your foot. I think I remember Blake writing somewhere that spinning on the heel didn't really come into play unless you were throwing for BIG distance. I don't do it, but spinning on your heel would seem tough to do if you're trying to keep your weight forward.

All together great vid, good work Zam/Zj.

And I don't know how to post a youtube vid, cut and pasting the www address gets me nowhere, please enlighten
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: Zam's Yeti/Zj clinic vid

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Toe(or side of foot) is what lands. Rotate into heel. Spin on heel

Most golf course throws you land on the side of the foot but the rotation is on the heel

It's very hard to spin on the toes
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IT7aABWEKw[/youtube]

Posting videos needs you to click the youtube button above the text typing window and paste the URL in between the brackets. Except it does not always work like with that attempt.

See the difference in URL here:
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Dan-O » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I think I've heard that you should rotate on the "blades" of your feet; I think it was McBeth that said that. Maybe Feldberg too.
Dan-O
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hurricane

Postby itlnstln » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 am

Dan-O wrote:I think I've heard that you should rotate on the "blades" of your feet; I think it was McBeth that said that. Maybe Feldberg too.

What are the "blades" of the foot/feet?
itlnstln
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby seabas22 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm

itlnstln wrote:
Dan-O wrote:I think I've heard that you should rotate on the "blades" of your feet; I think it was McBeth that said that. Maybe Feldberg too.

What are the "blades" of the foot/feet?

The inside/arch of the foot. Think of your foot as an ice skate or wearing skates. You want the front blade to land pretty perpendicular to the target so you don't slide out of position. Most newbs land with the front foot facing the target and would do the splits or they land in a way they would slip. Similarly with the rear foot blade, you don't want to slide out of leverage facing too far away from the target and doing the splits from the rear. Also with the rear blade newbs often lift the rear toes off the ground, so only the heel tip of the blade is in ground contact, and they slip/spin out.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Return to Technique