Blake Lessons

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Blake Lessons

Postby LaserShow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I was wondering if Blake still gives lessons and what the results are. We all know Dan Beato can absolutely rip it. I want do the same but I don't know of any resources in person. I throw around 360'-380' with big drives about 410'-450' but they're unpredictable and only happen on accident. I want to throw 500' and have the option to tone it down and throw a controlled 375'. I feel like the pros treat every hole as an approach shot since they have that ability to reach most holes on a single throw. Are there any other notable teachers of form and snap other than Blake out there? P.S. Everyone I play with tell me that I throw far enough and I shouldn't mess with that part of my game anymore. I think I should constantly try to improve every part of my game.
LaserShow
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cannon

Re: Blake Lessons

Postby JR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:29 am

Dunno about him but you can post a video of yourself in the video critique section. Also you should ask clubs and stores plus touring pros for clinics.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique