Technique Analysis

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Technique Analysis

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:11 pm

I have a question for you blake. Since I found your disc review page and read all your articles its been obvious you not only know flight mechanics very well, but also the mechanics of the throw.
My question is simple, if I or anyone else looking for help, a critical critique or just your opinion; would you watch videos of us throwing and let us know what you think?
Im asking because most the more experienced guys I play with dont have anything to say about my form when I ask. Most these guys are older and it seems that all they see is my disc goes further than theirs and they dont have much to say, and for the guys who do throw further dont have much to say either.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:00 pm

i do it, but how in depth depends a lot on how much time i have.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:02 pm

Definately understand, you do seem to be a afully buisy guy :wink:,
I will see if i can get it some vid taken, would you want me to host the video or email it to you as an attachment.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Mark Brunner » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:01 pm

I know I am not Blake, and I may not have a big name out there as far as someone that understands technique and such but I would be more than happy to watch some of your video and give you my analysis. I would say I have a fairly above average understanding of disc golf mechanics and the likes.

Just thought I would throw this out there if you or anyone is interested if Blake doesnt mind.
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:25 am

i wouldn't mind it at all if others gave input on form.

i'm up to my eye balls in dg related projects right now. anything that would lighten my burden would be a favor to me :)
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Create a new section on the website for this.......

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:48 am

Could you create a new section on the website for this and call it Peer Review or something along those lines?

This section would be strickly for people to use a video file hosting website like http://www.streamload.com or http://www.putfile.com to supply the link for the video that they would like to have reviewed by fellow disc golfers.

Granted you will need to ask them to supply 3 links for 3 different views in order to provide the best possible feedback.

This would be a fairly easy way for you to simply add a do - it - yourself technique analysis area. Each new topic would be a different throw from a different person. Any drive techniques you like, you could then grab the video and add it to the actual technique review section.
LastBoyScout

Return to Technique