Anhyzer help

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anhyzer help

Postby Kingbee » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:01 am

I just got my Z Flash 173g today and got to go throw around a bit on lunch break. It took me a bit to get it to fly. I realized how much lower or nose down I have to throw it to get it to go far. but once I got ahold of that, I was doing pretty good.

I have been able to get the most distance out of my Flash, Champ Orc, Champ Teebird and Z XL by throwing it anhyzer and letting it S through the flight. I can throw constantly around 275-300. But I have a question on how I go about putting anhyzer on my drives.

I x step, far reach back and pull through just below my chest. But on my pull through and follow through I lean back and drop my right shoulder. So I keep my wrist strait as if I was throwing flat. I let my body angle do the work. I wonder if I loose any power doing this. when I try to realease it anhyzer with just my arm turned I shank it every time.
Kingbee
Noob

Re: Anhyzer help

Postby Pagan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:24 pm

Kingbee wrote:I just got my Z Flash 173g today and got to go throw around a bit on lunch break. It took me a bit to get it to fly. I realized how much lower or nose down I have to throw it to get it to go far. but once I got ahold of that, I was doing pretty good.

I have been able to get the most distance out of my Flash, Champ Orc, Champ Teebird and Z XL by throwing it anhyzer and letting it S through the flight. I can throw constantly around 275-300. But I have a question on how I go about putting anhyzer on my drives.

I x step, far reach back and pull through just below my chest. But on my pull through and follow through I lean back and drop my right shoulder. So I keep my wrist strait as if I was throwing flat. I let my body angle do the work. I wonder if I loose any power doing this. when I try to realease it anhyzer with just my arm turned I shank it every time.

There are others with better form to elaborate but here's my 2 cents: When I throw anhyzers I release high to low pulling downward more like I'm slicing the air from top left to bottom right with the disc. Also I try to make sure I keep my thumb closer to the outside edge of the disc. This info assumes you are a righty backhander btw.

Pagan
Wizard, Buzzz!, Sabre, Avenger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Average Controlled Drives ~ 330'
Max Make Putt Range ~ 60'
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Postby Kingbee » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:37 pm

Yup RHBH. So do you hold the disc flat as if you were throwing a flat strait shot, but the angle in that you throw it does the work? Or do you do that to help out the angle of the disc when you release it?
Kingbee
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:49 pm

which of those discs are you trying to throw annys with? the Z xl would probably be the best out of those discs for your power level, but you may want to try something in baseline plastic you can beat up, or something a bit less stable.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Kingbee » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:54 pm

I can get all of them to do an S with anhyzer. Some more anhyzer than others. The Teebird doesnt need much. I was throwing the flash really long with anny today. Im sure I can get it to go further when I get some more time with it.

As my form gets better Im able to throw all of these further and further. I know I have the strength to throw 350+. Thats why Im just wondering if Im going about this all the rite way. I guess is throwing these discs with anhyzer for the S curve the rite way to get D? And if so whats the best way to throw anny if how I described above isnt the best?
Kingbee
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:56 pm

as for the mechanics of it, you are correct in your follow through in that the plane must be consistent with an anhyzer plane.

to throw this free of off-axis torque, at the peak of your reach back it is easiest if you match the plane of the anhyzer with your shoudlers as well (but in this case the right shoulder will be higher instead of lower like at the finish).

as for the majority of discs you mentioned, the flash, orc, and xl fly max d on a hyzer flip line that turns and S's.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby kling » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:59 am

Any tips for throwing touch anhyzer and touch hyzer? I almost always get too much when I only want a little of it :)
kling
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:34 am

touch as in slight? or as in power?

a touch anhyzer is generally performed with a nose up throw and uses anhyzer to keep it from stalling until very late in the throw.
Blake_T

Postby kling » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:43 am

As in slight. Maybe I'm confusing terms here... :)
Ok, I will try to play with nose angels. I generally have a hard time getting nose down (weight forward) on all throws.

What about slight hyzer?
kling
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:07 am

sounds like you are 1) over-committing the angle and 2) not getting your weight forward.

staying weight back will exaggerate hyzer/anhyzer.

also, for like a 10 degree hyzer/anhyzer... 10 degrees isn't very much.

focus on that
Blake_T

Postby kling » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:22 am

Ok, sounds reasonable thanks :) Will try it soon.
I hope you get some sleep tonight.
kling
Noob

Postby akfrolfer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 am

I'm also having trouble throwing anhyzers. Im able to get the proper angle on them I just dont have any power behind them. Any suggestions? I have just been throwing thrashed dx leopards hyzerflips or flat instead of correcting my anhyzers and I guess I might as well fix that.
akfrolfer
Noob

Postby Timko » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:43 am

akfrolfer wrote:I'm also having trouble throwing anhyzers. Im able to get the proper angle on them I just dont have any power behind them. Any suggestions? I have just been throwing thrashed dx leopards hyzerflips or flat instead of correcting my anhyzers and I guess I might as well fix that.

Are you releasing them where you aim? For a while, I found myself not getting power because I was releasing my anhyzers early, so they were also missing to the left. I had to work on following through the throw.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby akfrolfer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:32 pm

ya good point I probably haven't been pulling through hard enough and haven't been finishing strong
akfrolfer
Noob

anyhzer

Postby twmccoy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:12 pm

I throw my best anhyzers when I keep my shoulder up and don't dip. I make a conscious effort to roll my wrist over and aim a bit right of the target. This allows the disc to start out anhyzer and then fade back toward the target at the end of flight. The most important thing is to keep your throwing shoulder up. Once you start lunging you won't get good anhyzers at all.

I also use a 4 finger power grip for this.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Next

Return to Technique