Anhyzer help

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Weebl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:24 pm

It was odd for me, whenever i used to throw anhyzer i would always pull through early and shank the drive and put nose up on it. Once i relaxed and let me arm whip along with correct shoulder orientation, it was gold.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:26 pm

i just make sure i follow the exact angle i need to and release at the right spot. the rest is snap.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:54 pm

I'm also having trouble throwing anhyzers. Im able to get the proper angle on them I just dont have any power behind them. Any suggestions?

keep the disc closer to your body and make sure you get your weight forward
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Plant foot and disc angle

Postby diskgopher » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:13 pm

The two things I try to do to throw and anhyzer is to get the disc up on my chest and plant my foot further behind my body. When I throw a roller I do both these things. Make sure you're reaching high on your reach back to keep the nose down. When you plant your foot further back it will shift your center of gravity back and make your body naturally lean without having to arch your back. Just a warning though I have taken a spill trying to throw this way. Presonally, I think that I get more power on the throw if I change my plant rather than change where the disc is on my chest.
I just practiced throwing without stepping until I got the feel for it. Seems to work pretty well for me.
diskgopher
Noob

Previous

Return to Technique