accuracy?

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

accuracy?

Postby monter_masher » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:59 pm

Hey everyone I just got done playing a round of disc golf and I came to a conclusion. I have pretty solid drives everytime but my accuracy sucks. some games its bang on and I can throw a good drive down the middle of the hole im on but other times when I throw it the disc will go off to the left and hit a tree. So how can improve my accruacy so my disc flys where I want it to go?
monter_masher
Noob

Postby Rickg » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:47 pm

A very good place to start: The Instructional Articles on this website. Try the "Aiming with the body" and the brand new "Visual Aiming" articles.
They'll help.

Rick
Rickg
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:23 pm

next time youre having trouble ask yourself if youre losing focus. If Im losing accuracy or consistancy thats what its usually from.

also if your problem is always to the left, is the disc slipping from your hand? I know I will get the occasional slip when my hands are tired of playing all day.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Warlord » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:16 am

I can't get the link to "Building Consistency: Visual Aiming" to work. The link brings me back to the Instructional Articles index every time.
Warlord
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:20 am

link is fixed
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Warlord » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:40 pm

Thanks Blake....

BTW....just wanted to thank you for this site. I have learned more on this site than all others combined.

For example....just lately I have followed yours, and other's, advice on my drives. Previously I was muscling everything.....accuracy and distance was dismal....now I am using more of a "whip" motion, using my torso to do most of the work. Distance, accuracy, and consistency have improved by leaps and bounds.

Keep up the great work.
Warlord
Noob

Postby presidio hills » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:44 pm

monter,

i've been practicing in very tight woods lately and it's forced me to just stand there and hit a tiny window. basically, it's about mentally thinking "i HAVE to hit this window" then easing up on the power to make sure you do hit it, worrying less about distance. i've found that if i hit the window it's usually a well excecuted throw and the disc does enough work to get me far enough, anyways.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Technique