Grip Technique

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm

I really focused on getting the disc above the hand crack today and finally had a day of field work. I was also really trying to get my weight forward. At first I was having problems turning everything over and just throwing everything into the ground but I started to flatten it out slowly. Then it happened, I threw a pro destroyer and I think I felt tendon bounce. As I was throwing the disc I felt something through my arm that I never felt before and I believe it was tendon bounce. That disc went at least 400. Crazy shit. Nothing like a 50 foot jump on max distance in one day. I doubt I will be able to do that every time or even again for awhile but it gives me hope that I will be able to throw 400 someday. I was throwing 350 last year but this year during the winter I somehow lost a good 20-35 feet so it was nice to be getting a little bit of that back today.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Man_Utenbart » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:33 pm

That's so cool :D I had the same experience yesterday. Overthrew my OLF with 35-40 meters (!) on two holes I allways struggle reaching, and all because of getting the nose down. Don't know if it was tendon bounce, but my timing was great and I could feel a heavy rip. There was also a sudden flip in my good rip throws causing the disc turning over and die, but I was so excited it didn't matter.
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:04 am

Man_Utenbart wrote:That's so cool :D I had the same experience yesterday. Overthrew my OLF with 35-40 meters (!) on two holes I allways struggle reaching, and all because of getting the nose down. Don't know if it was tendon bounce, but my timing was great and I could feel a heavy rip. There was also a sudden flip in my good rip throws causing the disc turning over and die, but I was so excited it didn't matter.

Congratulations Rusch_bag and Man_Utenbart! 8)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Blake_T » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:19 am

sounds like you are both hitting it.

There was also a sudden flip in my good rip throws causing the disc turning over and die

this sounds like a bit of OAT. however, getting a lot more nose down and increased velocity may have done it, depends on how stable of a disc it was.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:46 am

It was a slightly beat OLF 172. Some of my throws were definetly OAT - it was really easy to feel/see it, but the ones hitting the line was just crazy (I'm still stoked, worked today also :) ) I also shortened my reach back, consentrating on getting my body lined up, and that helped alot with timing the snap. It's all about timing and balance. Very easy to feel it when in shape, but a pain in the ass when it's off. Three meters higher up with the nose down, and I'm sure it will be a piece of cake brakin 400' on a regular basis ( now throwing 3-5 meters in the air).

Congratulations Rusch_bag and Man_Utenbart! Cool

Thanks JR :) (By the way, do you like 22 Pistepirkko) :D
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:48 am

Oh, I forgot the most important thing: Relaxing!!! Throw it at 80% NOT 110%!

Have a nice weekend, discers! :)
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby tumpsi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:55 am

I AM THE BLACK WIZARDS! Emperor rules!
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:02 am

You bet!! But I don't like the new Emperor though - to technique for my taste :) Aura Noir? Audio Pain? Darkthrone? Love it all! :D
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby tumpsi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 am

Man_Utenbart wrote:You bet!! But I don't like the new Emperor though - to technique for my taste :) Aura Noir? Audio Pain? Darkthrone? Love it all! :D

The best guitar music in the world comes from Norway, Sweden & Finland.
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:56 am

Maybe it's because they play guitar so good they throw so far? :wink:
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Man_Utenbart wrote:It was a slightly beat OLF 172. Some of my throws were definetly OAT - it was really easy to feel/see it, but the ones hitting the line was just crazy (I'm still stoked, worked today also :) ) I also shortened my reach back, consentrating on getting my body lined up, and that helped alot with timing the snap. It's all about timing and balance. Very easy to feel it when in shape, but a pain in the ass when it's off. Three meters higher up with the nose down, and I'm sure it will be a piece of cake brakin 400' on a regular basis ( now throwing 3-5 meters in the air).

Congratulations Rusch_bag and Man_Utenbart! Cool

Thanks JR :) (By the way, do you like 22 Pistepirkko) :D

I've only heard a couple of songs from them. They didn't do anything for me.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:19 pm

I know what you'r saying. Some parts are fantastic, but it suddenly change style. Didn't know if I would like it or dislike it, but I went for the first one :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogrSzAT-JCo

I would like a hot sauna and a hole in the ice, NOW! :)

Oh my, somebody is getting killed in my backyard!

Tumpsi: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6kQu2MvUIY This we like!?

PM?

Maybe we should start another tread in "Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc." ?
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

Postby tumpsi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Man_Utenbart wrote:Tumpsi: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6kQu2MvUIY This we like!?

Hell yeah! True kings of Norway ;)
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby masterbeato » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:02 pm

The hell kinda shit is that? It's like "Cock Metal".
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Man_Utenbart » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Allmost :) It's Nature. The water, the feeling (light a fire), of surviving, the love, the lost. I would like my own personal nature.

Cheers!

100% nature.

masterbeato: It's like a crazy rip - it's just that feeling. it's rippin' ! oh, man I have some good music for u all!

but that's me..
Man_Utenbart
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Technique