Masterbeato's form

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Masterbeato's form

Postby Blake_T » Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm

brad:

what you are missing with dan's form is that he doesn't throw some severe upwards trajectory or anything. he throws what most people would throw for a normal line drive, the difference is that his disc lifts a lot more. an average power player will throw that line and peak at 12-15' of height. dan will throw the same line and his disc will lift to 35'. that is one of the huge differences between a throw that has big snap (force) and one that does not.

the other thing is that not all of his throws turn right away. his teebirds don't flip unless he forces them over. most flippy/squirrely discs will turn immediately. what appears to be some of the turn on his throws are actually caused by lots of nose down.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby elnino » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:16 am

how many throws did you do in a eight hour session!?

I have been making progress standing still at 300 started reading blake's articles and now i can see the power of knowledge...I was/am doing so many things wrong that i will do the one step back for now....these are the things i need to work on..

disc was in wrong position not in the pinky thumb touch groove....grip power now feels 5x stronger

my left foot now points away 180 degrees with x step

decreased the reach back and increased the bend in my elbow......

going to try the leg kick to get body forward

can't wait for the field work
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby masterbeato » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:25 am

dunno how many throws i did in an 8 hour session but i do know that it was roughly about 97 - 110 hours i put in for 8 days in a row.

i really wanted to learn, i really wanted to do what the top pros in the world can do, and i was also curious on what all the fuss was about, and most importantly; i knew i could do it.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby sunspot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Someone could span that out over a week or month if they don't have 8 hours in a day to do so. IMO, one of the keys that lead Beato to his success was the access to Blake. Having a hands on teacher helps out. Guys like me don't necessarily have that option, so there is a lot more trial and error on my side of things, which is unfortunate. :(

One of these days I'll have someone there to help me. *optimistic hope*
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Re:

Postby josser » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Blake_T wrote:1. you want to accelerate on every throw, regardless of range. adjustments are made to grip strength, reach length, shoulder turn, and footwork. same principles apply. it's funny because we had to do a separate session to work on throwing short (he was overthrowing shorter holes badly). MB is now deadly on throw ins. give him 10 throws in calm conditions from 125' and he'll probably make 3, hit metal on 6-7 (this includes makes), and be close on the other 3-4.

This is in that magic range where a flat shot is very tricky. Asking those in the know (Blake/MB), does MB use a flat shot, hyzer or anhyzer on these shots?
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby masterbeato » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 am

flat

if i want safe, it is anhyzer.

hyzer is too dangerous most of the time, not what happens during the flight, it is what happens after it hits the ground.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby GunnerUnitas » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:07 pm

^ just like Avery as well, I like the anny approach
GunnerUnitas
Noob

Favorite Disc: teebird

Previous

Return to Technique