Masterbeato's form

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby jeremy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Seanzerelli wrote:That explains some pain I was having, because I don't ice my left arm, I don't use it. But I was dumbfounded about the random bicep pain, idk about pec pain for me though, what does no left pec pain mean? lol

Not enough extension on the end of the hit/follow thru, or you are already so flexable that it isn't stretching the chest to the max. I suspect the 1st part of my answer though.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Beetard » Thu May 22, 2008 7:29 pm

I posted just to get this thread back to the front page. For those who haven't seen it or haven't seen it in a while, check out this clip of MB absolutely killin it.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/St ... 84d01a.pbr
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby masterbeato » Fri May 23, 2008 12:19 am

haven't seen that in a while.

i thought everyone just forgot about this thread to tell you the truth. Mainly about getting my point across so I decided to show the guys that were a bit lost on the wording.
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby garublador » Fri May 23, 2008 7:14 am

What we need is someone to put the information in this into a training assignment or article.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby FLGator » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 am

Why can't I see this Vid? It just keeps looking like its loading, but nothing happens. I can see other vids on photbucket, but non of MB's drives.
Anyone having the same problem?
FLGator
Noob

Postby JR » Fri May 23, 2008 10:55 am

FLGator wrote:Why can't I see this Vid? It just keeps looking like its loading, but nothing happens. I can see other vids on photbucket, but non of MB's drives.
Anyone having the same problem?

Me neither :-( Exactly the same trouble. Is it possible to receive these videos as a private message here or are the files too large? What's the site policy about this?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rromeo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 pm

MB what kind of distance are you getting? Your form seems very fluid and almost effortless. Is it possible see that in slo-mo? I am just starting to throw over 300 ft and I know another 50-75 feet or even more would greatly improve my game. I think I just had an epiphany with the hips clearing idea. Can't wait to head to the field tommorow!
rromeo
Noob

Postby Timko » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:00 am

I think the teebird video is in the 440' range.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby black udder » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:20 pm

he's thrown 480' as well, so I'd guess he's in the 500'+ range with drivers beyond teebirds. He's just decided though that he's rather throw teebird in the 450' range accurately than worry about the extra distance with a driver he isn't as accurate with.

It's a sad story, I know.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Hoey » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:31 pm

black udder wrote:

yeah...

:D
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby masterbeato » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:31 pm

black udder wrote:he's thrown 480' as well, so I'd guess he's in the 500'+ range with drivers beyond teebirds. He's just decided though that he's rather throw teebird in the 450' range accurately than worry about the extra distance with a driver he isn't as accurate with.

You hit it right on the nose.....but I'm thinking now that I have a strong sense of control...That I'm gonna try and put the QOLF's back into the bag and see what happens. When I took them out I was going 480' with the very rare occasional 525'. I have broken 500', just not often. I decided I was just happy with 430' with the most accurate driver on the market on request.

Now that I have a sense of control, (or not trying to throw as hard) I might be able to at least get to 500' maybe 500'+. Never hurts to try it out.

My friend let me throw one of his destroyers the other day. My longest/most uncontrolled distance EVER! I hit a distance line because destroyers are somewhat understable for me to throw. I threw it about 25' high and 25' of fairway about 565' on a flat fairway field. So I will document that.

Teebirds now on a really good perfect hit will go about 480' - 500' range. But mostly between 450' - 460'.
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby black udder » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm sure a lot of it depends on the courses you throw. We have a course that has a few holes that are fairly wide open that I bet you'd give up your teebird accuracy just to bomb one out there :) I rarely hit the shot, but it's always a blast to heave one and just watch it fly.

While I agree with the concept of accuracy over distance, you do realize even the Champ has a wraith in his bag, right? :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby Timko » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 pm

black udder wrote:I'm sure a lot of it depends on the courses you throw. We have a course that has a few holes that are fairly wide open that I bet you'd give up your teebird accuracy just to bomb one out there :) I rarely hit the shot, but it's always a blast to heave one and just watch it fly.

While I agree with the concept of accuracy over distance, you do realize even the Champ has a wraith in his bag, right? :)

I don't know if the Champ can throw Teebirds 430' accurately. If he could, I bet the Wraith wouldn't be there :).
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby masterbeato » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm not sure about ken. I have no idea what kind of D he has. All I know about him is that he can do very well under pressure and is obviously incredibly accurate.

A guy I throw with all the time played a round or two with him in florida this year. He said he wasnt throwing any farther then he was, just really really accurate. Throwing big D is one thing, but knowing the game very very well means much more.
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby black udder » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:19 pm

There's been some discussion about how far the champ is throwing these days. I have to believe over 400' since I'm a rookie and have thrown close to that (maybe only once or twice, but still).

I'm thinking he's around 450' max - perhaps with the wraith. Maybe more, I don't know.

I do know that in the Renny's Clash video he has a couple drives of his that are used on the "let's open it up and throw" holes. Can't remember if it was distance or accuracy. Either way, I don't believe that he's competing with the other guys and throwing under 350'.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

PreviousNext

Return to Technique