Nose Down

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Blake_T » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:08 am

accuracy builds if you lean in the direction you want the shot to go.

you can use additional body english during the follow through to help manipulate flight.

i would shy away from the high pull line as it tends to breed anhyzer tendencies.

the trick is to get the disc going across/under your chest... vs. around your chest up high.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby daniebl2 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 am

Thanks -I'm going to try and make it out after work...I'll give it a try -Also want to make sure I can replicate.
daniebl2
Noob

Postby daniebl2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:57 am

Blake
Thanks for the help...I finally figured out some of these "flashes of brillance"....

First my grip...I was originally using the power grip version1 ....This grip was absolutely terrible for me....this gave lots of disc flutter and I couldn't really keep the wrist down position during the rip and pivot. Anyways, what is really working well for me is the fork grip...curling the pink back as far as possible really is help maintain the wrist angle....just like that no more flutter.

Just curious...you said you have small hands...what grip do you use?

Second,
The pull though....I was only pulling the dist to about my left arm before starting the elbow before starting the wip....what I've noticed is if continud the pull through to right nipple before starting the whip it comes out scary quick...much bigger snap.

Does this sound about right or do you do something different?
daniebl2
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:17 pm

as for grips... i use power for D, and fork/fan for controlled shots.

as for what you said about the timing on the second part, i agree with it except for your terminology. what you are describing = accelerating the disc = good. sounds like your throwing form probably looks somewhat like Walt Haney's when you are doing that.

i believe the word you were looking for was "extension" instead of "whip."
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Previous

Return to Technique