Need some help throwing a hyzer

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need some help throwing a hyzer

Postby teamdominion25 » Tue May 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding the concept of throwing a backhand hyzer. Whenever i attempt this, the disc flys off to the left and never turns back over straight ( i am right handed by the way). I know that a BH hyzer throw should look like an "S" during flight, but i am unable to get this. My throws look more like backwards "C"'s than anything else. I'm not sure how to grip the disc for a hyzer throw or even how exactly to throw it. So any tips/help on being able to turn the disc back over would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
teamdominion25
Noob

Postby lacrimosa » Tue May 30, 2006 1:33 pm

The backward 'C' curve is what a hyzer is (it will fly right-to-left for a right hand backhand throw). If you're having trouble flipping a hyzer flat, you might be throwing with the front-nose of the disc up or just be throwing a too overstable disc for your power level. This article has some good descriptions - http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/technique/bhproblemsline.shtml#noflatten[/url]
lacrimosa
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 30, 2006 7:52 pm

most bh hyzers do not look like S's. that is a particular shot you throw using mechanics and understable discs.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby presidio hills » Wed May 31, 2006 1:40 am

what discs are you trying to hyzer? how far do you think you can throw? can you make a roc hyzer? i think it is a good test to be able to make a roc achieve a gradual turning hyzer shot. see if you can make a roc keep the same angle throughout the flight... then you'll be getting somewhere.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Technique