beginner.. all disc backwards "C " curv

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

do i just need to quit before i spend more money?

YES
25%
NO
75%

Total votes : 12

beginner.. all disc backwards "C " curv

Postby jdmjrm01 » Wed May 31, 2006 5:09 pm

I am fairly new to this and EVERY disc I throw goes LEFT LIKE A MOTHER F@(*ER. I tried to turn my wrist (inside up) up and it still goes right for about 1/3 the throw and then takes a HARD left. I throw RHBH. Even if i move my thumb to the EXTREME outer rim it still takes the same left hand turn.

My friend who has NEVER played before can throw better than me..... I have played even if I Anhyser I make it shoot off to the left....

I’m ready to just say I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:( :( :(

I dont know how many of you throw a Innova Roadrunner but it even makes a HARD left turn when I thow it.

anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong :?:
jdmjrm01
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed May 31, 2006 5:55 pm

you need to get the nose down. i suggest consulting the technique troubleshooter on the main site.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby jdmjrm01 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:14 pm

I have noticed that when i throw some times its like someone falling on ice. my whole body falls backwards. no matter how much i try to work this out i cant get rid of it
jdmjrm01
Noob

Postby Trekari » Wed May 31, 2006 7:35 pm

I'm far from the expert here, but falling backwards sounds like one of two things I can think of.

1) You're throwing "up" with your arm, and therefore bending your back as you try to throw "up"

2) You aren't getting your weight transferred forward over your plant foot properly. If your weight is forward, it will be very hard to fall backwards. If your weight is behind your plant foot, your plant foot that you pivot on is in front of your weight, therefore you will fall backwards.
Trekari
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:54 am

relax and don't try to kill the disc. if you force it and try to "yank" too hard it will throw you off balance.

learn to throw from a stationary position or with 1 step.

read the articles on the main site and make sure it's not compounded by something silly like grip.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique