Sidearmed my roadrunner for the first time.

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Sidearmed my roadrunner for the first time.

Postby jdmjrm01 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:34 pm

I finish off the 11th goal and look towards tee 12. Not being my favorite shot I wanted to skip this on and just not score it at all. Standing at the tee looking at the basket all you can see is a HUGE tree right in your face. To my right is the out of bounds road (and a little league baseball game). And to my left... a huge drop off. This shot is tricky. The tee and basket are on about the same level but are separated from a valley with a drainage ditch between them. I lost my most loved disk (My first Valk) on this hole a back in May. AHH memories...

I have never had any luck throwing this. I almost always throw RHBH even on this shot and try to throw it just to the left of the OOB road and have it hook just back inside of the line.

This time I wanted to try something diff. I stepped back and looked at the basket, the layout of the trees and the winding ditch. I reached down and pulled out my best disk for me.... CHAMP ROADRUNNER!!!!!!!

Grasping it in my right hand I turned to the right (people on the baseball stands watching me not the game). Remembering everything I had read about throwing sidearm, I flung the disk with all I had. Watching the disk hook hard to the left, I thought to myself FU(#... What did I just do. Just as I started to reach down to grab my disc bag I gave the disc one more look. But what do I see the disc has straightened up and is no longer heading out into the Highway, WHATS THIS??? Its turning right now...!!! (Now that the throw looks good I start steering it from the ground)

Good Ol' Roadrunner lands just a few feet away from the basket....

Sorry I am just so happy I got a 2 stroke on a par 5 I just had to tell someone. And my wife just don’t care...
:cry:
jdmjrm01
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:21 pm

have fun getting her to care ;-)

big congrats on the duce, but I would not rely on your roadrunner coming back very predictably :roll:
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Pagan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 am

How'd that deuce taste? Sweeeeet!
Good work on the sidearm. I gotta refine mine.
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:25 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:have fun getting her to care ;-)

big congrats on the duce, but I would not rely on your roadrunner coming back very predictably :roll:

however I must add it does take some decent form to sucessfully forehand a roadrunner (alot of people just grab something super overstable)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Re: Sidearmed my roadrunner for the first time.

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 pm

jdmjrm01 wrote:I
Sorry I am just so happy I got a 2 stroke on a par 5 I just had to tell someone. And my wife just don’t care...

Your first ever sidearm throw and you got a double eagle on a par 5?
Do you look like this?
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Return to Technique