Keeping disc low during pull

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Keeping disc low during pull

Postby JacksWeather » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:49 am

I've been playing about 2 years now and feel I have a good understanding of technique. The other day I met a discgolfer here in Michigan who wasn't exactly a pro but seemed like he had a comfortable and consistent technique. This his name was Bob, and said his pdga # was in the low thousands and he could have gotten it in the 3 digits but didn't have money for the memebership at the time. So Bob has been aroudn since the sport began, and the one piece of advice he gave to a beginner that we were playing with was to start your pull low, and keep the disc low as you pull too.

I don't recall any technique articles or discussions ever saying anything like this, but maybe it's related to the shoulder fold/dip and it also seems that some players like Lundmark (pro in european champion ship hyzernauts video) kept the disc really low too.

I tried doing this myself a little bit, and it seems to give me a really powerful hyzer, but I don't think I could throw the disc flat or anhyzer by pulling the disc on this low line.

I was wondering if anyone had an understanding of this advice, and should I be able to incorporate it into flat and anhyzer shots as well?
Today seems like a good day to toss a disc or two.
The one for hyzer-flipping, turning over right on que.
I try to throw just like that, but sometimes I really suck.
Some say I need to get the axing, chalk it up to bad luck.
JacksWeather
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:57 pm

you have to get weight forward to throw flat when pulling from that low.

if you watch those players, their pull still goes across the chest, it's just their chest is lower.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby topcide » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:48 pm

jack, where are you located/ usually playing at? i live in novi and play allmost every weeknight at cass benton, usually hit kensington/ hudson mills/ rolling hills on weekends. i want tosme new people to play rounds with. pm me for my number if you want to play sometime.
topcide
Noob

Return to Technique