Torque Monkey-itus

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Torque Monkey-itus

Postby Solty » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:26 am

Okie...so i have a problem....maybe Blake you can give me a pointer or two as well as everyone else.

I am a torque monkey however i feel its only when i wanna through 90-100% power. On a boom boom hole....i use a dx wraith and can get it to fly straight for 415ish ft....however the finish isnt very left....

well...i left my wraiths out of my bag and played the course with nothing but teebirds/rocs/wizards....on all the holes i hadda throw max or near max power....i was turning them over...pretty bad i must add. I know its from off axis torque however how can i correct this to get my teebirds to fly straight...and not have to worry about putting the wraiths(stable discs) back in?

thoughts?

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby jgarcia9102 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:08 am

it may not be the answer, but most people just dont throw 90-100% i know for me, i cant throw even remotely close to where/how i want above about 80% power.

and the truth is, 80% power with good technique will most likely get better distance than 90% power with bad technique, and of course, it will be easyer to throw and more controllable.

i mean, im sure theres a better answer, thats just my thought...
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:42 am

The more I slow it down... the better I do.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Solty » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:45 pm

i agree with both of you..however i want to figure out how to utilize all my harnessed power... yes 80% power i throw great...

mike
Solty

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:41 pm

Backing off power is one of the better suggestions, and then when you hit your shots, you can put more behind it.

I broke myself from off-axis torque by throwing rollers. In the process of learning how to "aim" rollers, I learned what not to do to avoid torque issues.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:31 pm

played a round with nothing but a KC pro roc.....really tested my abilities today. i was able to throw near max power with some hyzer......and towards the end of the round...i was throwing w/ near max power....nice and flat.. planning my shots...walking throw them and taking my time really seemed to help today.

stay tuned for a driver update tomorrow after leagues...

m
Solty

Return to Technique