"Bouncy" Drive

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

"Bouncy" Drive

Postby cschwab » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:37 pm

During my run up I've realized I have a tendency to bounce (for lack of a better word to describe it) on almost every step. My drive consists of a leading step with my left foot and then the tradional 3 steps of the x- step. I bend my knee for each of these steps. It is most severe for the first, second, and fourth steps.

Is this something that is harmful to my drive and I should eliminate? If so what are the consequences of doing it?

Thanks!
cschwab
Noob

Postby JacksWeather » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:30 pm

This is Tim J. The most obvious thing about your knee bend to me is on your plant step I can tell your weight is behind your foot. It seems like if you bent your knee less for at least this step it might be easier to lean forward a little more, get your weight over your plant foot, and get the disc nose down more.

If you watch all the pro's they'll have their knee bent somewhat for their plant, but scwab seems like his is almost 90 degrees.
Today seems like a good day to toss a disc or two.
The one for hyzer-flipping, turning over right on que.
I try to throw just like that, but sometimes I really suck.
Some say I need to get the axing, chalk it up to bad luck.
JacksWeather
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:34 pm

bouncing really doesn't matter as long as you don't go too much upwards and kill all your forward momentum (i call this the newbie hop).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique