less is more

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

less is more

Postby rodman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Yesterday I went to the practice field with 4 discs. My TL, Firebird, XL and Valkryie. Instead of my normal x step I started at a standstillwith my right shoulder pointing at my target. I've been working on the straight back bend arm technique which doesnt come natural to me but with the no wind up approach I was able to make the discs do prettymuch what I wanted. I was able to control the discs and was still getting 290 out of all the discs except the TL. I was able to even take the Firebird right and then fade left at the end which i could never do with the windup.

Same thing with sidearm. I used much less runup and didnt suffer much on distance. Maybe 10% but gained control. Looks like I was focusing on technique and didnt have to focus on the windup as much. Plus with less moving parts I could get my balance right and my weight forward before the toss. I had better velocity and snap on the disc. Very excited now.
rodman
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:01 pm

this causes you to focus your power more, which is inherently more accurate when focused correctly.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique