Superfeet Insoles

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Superfeet Insoles

Postby dgdave » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 pm

These better be good. I've started to develop plantar fasciitis I believe and I'm taking the recommendation to get some Green Superfeet. If I don't like them, you guys owe me $30.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby stoneman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 pm

If you have good insurance, you should see about getting some custom insoles. I only had to pay 25 bucks on the 289 for mine, and they're awesome.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Eric O » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 pm

stoneman wrote:If you have good insurance, you should see about getting some custom insoles.
Definitely. If you have a real foot issue, $30 insoles won't do squat.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Eric O wrote:
stoneman wrote:If you have good insurance, you should see about getting some custom insoles.

Agreed. I too have plantar fasciitis and the superfeet are nice, but they aren't a real fix. I need to quit slacking and go to the podiatrist.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby dgdave » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 pm

I need to as well. Probably quit being fat will help too (I'm on my way, but there's still a LOT of Dave to lose)
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby rehder » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 am

Jaysus wrote:
ferretdance03 wrote:If I'm not at work or on the course I'm probably wearing flip-flops or Crocs; which is probably not helping the sore foot situation. :oops:

I had some recent foot trauma that forced me to go to a podiatrist... when I mentioned flip flops and crocs, hae scowled at me, and told me, quite firmly I must add, that they should only ever be worn on the beach.

Flip flops are pretty much all I wear in the summer... I am not sure how I am going to open my beer bottles next summer with out them. Image

Just use whatever is handy, lighter works very well, as do soda plastic bottles, most tools, you can even do it with a newspaper
Tbh, I would prefer those to a shoemounted bottleopener I think.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jaysus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 am

rehder wrote:
Jaysus wrote:
ferretdance03 wrote:If I'm not at work or on the course I'm probably wearing flip-flops or Crocs; which is probably not helping the sore foot situation. :oops:

I had some recent foot trauma that forced me to go to a podiatrist... when I mentioned flip flops and crocs, hae scowled at me, and told me, quite firmly I must add, that they should only ever be worn on the beach.

Flip flops are pretty much all I wear in the summer... I am not sure how I am going to open my beer bottles next summer with out them. Image

Just use whatever is handy, lighter works very well, as do soda plastic bottles, most tools, you can even do it with a newspaper
Tbh, I would prefer those to a shoemounted bottleopener I think.

Thanks.

I pride myself on being able to open a beer bottle with just about anything... the flip-flop thing just seemed appropriate for this thread.

Really, it is on my resume. Image
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:55 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:
Eric O wrote:

Agreed. I too have plantar fasciitis and the superfeet are nice, but they aren't a real fix. I need to quit slacking and go to the podiatrist.

ive got super bad PF and dont have the cash for custom orthotics , ive got both the black and the blue Superfeet (my feet are pretty flat so the greens are a no go) ive gotta say that these have helped almost all the other pains i was suffering due to the PF (ankles,knees,back) but havnt quite done the trick on my feet yet but they do hurt in a different way than before which i hope is good, my pain has moved from the middle of my foot and concentrated itself in my heels at this point. Id say the superfeet have helped a huge amount in a matter of a week or so and i would definitely say that after trying just about all the off the shelf brands of insoles Superfeet are hands down the best around. id be really interested to try some custom superfeet myself but the closest dealer is still like an 80 mile or so drive for me
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby chunk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:26 am

i have a friend with pretty severe pf. he swears by superfeet and birkenstocks.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby stoneman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Man, I don't get into caring what I wear much, especially out throwin' plastic...but I think I'd rather wear pointy toe cowboy boots than Birks. :shock:

Although, anything that kept me playing and pain free would get worn. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:11 pm

As someone who wears both cowboy boots (not pointy toe) and Birks (not in public), I'm offended. Wear for comfort, son.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 am

Luke wrote:As someone who wears both cowboy boots (not pointy toe) and Birks (not in public), I'm offended. Wear for comfort, son.

i would wear birks as my only clothes before id step out in some CB boots :wink:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, but we own a ranch. I can see why they wouldn't appeal to most, however, it only takes a day or two at my bunk house for me to wear the boots, and a day longer to get hooked again. Right now, they're chilling in my closet. Won't be like that for long.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Postby stoneman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:48 pm

My bad...and of course on a ranch, I get wearing them. :-D I do have a hard time picturing someone who wears CBs wearing Birks though. :lol:
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Walk inside, take boots/hat off, put birks/robe on. Drink away the rest of the night.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear