Vibram Fivefingers

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Apothecary » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

really? he always seemed very astute with his progressive critiques and observations when i watched his show from time to time on msnbc.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby mliguori » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 pm

I know a guy who uses them for Ultimate, but haven't seen anyone wear them on the courses around here though.
mliguori
Noob

Favorite Disc: Crosshair

Postby OKNate » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey guys,
I have 2 pairs. the KSO's for the gym (Because of smooth bottom) and KSO TrekSports for Discgolf. The latter work amazing, great grip on all terrains and extremely comfortable. Just my 2 cents!
OKNate
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby mliguori » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:26 pm

OKNate wrote:Hey guys,
I have 2 pairs. the KSO's for the gym (Because of smooth bottom) and KSO TrekSports for Discgolf. The latter work amazing, great grip on all terrains and extremely comfortable. Just my 2 cents!

Now that's dedication.
mliguori
Noob

Favorite Disc: Crosshair

Postby OKNate » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Lol yeah, I bought the KSO's first for the gym and they just felt great like I had nothing on my feet. the Treksports have a more all-terrain grip ont he bottom and got them just for walkin around, then tried then on the course and they work perfectly, and not afraid to get em wet if need be as that is what they are for. I can walk up a very steep grade hill straight up it and the toes grip it the whole way. The strap is only there because the original lines of Vibrams would fall off peoples feet in the water and they don't float. Strap was to fix that.
OKNate
Noob

Postby Jaysus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Folks with more or less than 5 toes may want to take a look at Merrell's Trail Glove... same concept (even has a virbram sole) but without the individual to holsters: http://www.rei.com/product/810573/merre ... shoes-mens
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby peppermack » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Just put a pair of KSOs up FS in the garage sale threads.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby havasuDG » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:09 pm

For those that have been using the TrekSports for an extended period of time how do they hold up after a couple months, 6 months, a year, etc.?
havasuDG
Noob

Postby Whiz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:13 pm

The soles did not hold up in the long run for me so I returned them for another pair to REI. They were great for about 3 months and at that point the sole had worn almost completely through. I play a lot of golf, however. I would estimate I got a good 150ish rounds out of them. For someone who only plays a couple rounds per week they would hold up for a year at least. Of particular note, all of the wear was due to pivoting during my throw. Almost none of the wear was due to normal walking/running during rounds. I love mine and wear them for most rounds.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby havasuDG » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Thats good to hear. I do get in a lot of golf, and will much more once our 110 and up days end. I will be happy with 6 months of solid use, and if that doesn't end up being the case I may just alternate between VFFs and shoes on the course.

Played my first round today in them and they were great, my throwing was off, but Ill attribute that to not having played much lately with my wedding and the 117 degrees it was outside at the time.
havasuDG
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 am

Komodosport has a thicker sole so it should last longer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 am

For those that are "in the know" and have plenty of experience with FiveFingers, which version would be the best choice for general use (e.g. multitasking), from running to walking to playing DG (sometimes on rough terrain)? TIA.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby JR » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 am

I haven't used the other ones but have put on some of the earlier models and the safest bet and probably the longest life comes from the thicker soled Komodosports that also have the best protection against hitting.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

Well...I have to call Vibram today. My son's brand new fivefingers started to come apart this past weekend...after only having them for 3 weeks. Really thought these were more durable than this.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby peppermack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 am

I have probably run 300 miles in mine with no issues at all. What kind does he have Blurr? I have the Kamodo Sports and they seem really well made compared to the others. I was not real impressed with the KSO's I had.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear