Mitee-fine H2o

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Mitee-fine H2o

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Tried a couple types of "water holding devices" and like klean canteen the best.

Stays cold, very hard to damage, various sizes , reusable. I like the one liter one and would recco the sport cap thingy that keeps the cap attached and sports a drinking nipple.

Just add water!
Things that fly, or mostly fly.
Eric
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Smiley Face!

Re: Mitee-fine H2o

Postby Eric O » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm

I have the 40oz one. It's alright.

#1 they do damage. The bottom of mine is beat to crap from being in a Revo bag drink holder and setting the bag on the ground. It also has dents in the sides. One thing I will say is that it hasn't ruptured yet, but I've only had it about a year. Also, what it's been through I'm not sure a Lexan bottle would have survived at all. I've seen the lids break on the ones with metal threads on the lid. Stick with the all plastic lid.

#2 the sport top is awful. I got mine as a gift and that's what it came with. It leaks. Sport tops are designed for soft sided bottles. Doesn't work for shit on a steel bottle with no give. I called and emailed Kleen Kanteen until they finally sent me a regular plastic screw top lid with a carabiner loop.

The one liter size is probably more durable since it is has smaller dimensions and also doesn't hold enough water to get ridiculously heavy and increase impact forces a bunch.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jaysus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:21 am

The bottom of my Kleen Kanteen is all fuct - it won't even stand on it's own anymore... I've only had it since about christmas.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:37 am

Wow. Sorry it did not work out so well for y'all. Mine has been nothing but peaches, sport cap and all.
Things that fly, or mostly fly.
Eric
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Smiley Face!

Postby Eric O » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Eric wrote:Wow. Sorry it did not work out so well for y'all. Mine has been nothing but peaches, sport cap and all.
I never said it didn't work out, I said it is alright. I only piped up because if someone were to buy one after reading the original post they would be disappointed. Kleen Kanteen won't keep a beverage cold and it is not impervious to damage. I also caution against the sport cap since it is a flawed design that will begin to leak sooner or later. Even the Kleen Kanteen rep I spoke with agrees on that.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby domromer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone know of in insulated nalgene or something of that ilk. I've got the revo mini with the uninsulated pocket and it won't keep water real cold during 110f rounds down in the valley.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:56 am

domromer wrote:Anyone know of in insulated nalgene or something of that ilk. I've got the revo mini with the uninsulated pocket and it won't keep water real cold during 110f rounds down in the valley.

Camelbak has some new insulated bottles out. A friend has some and likes them.

http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/bottles.aspx

I love their regular "Better bottle" with the spill proof bite-valve and straw. I initially got them for fly fishing so I could easily take a drink with one hand and not have to tilt my head back and take my eyes off the stream. I have about 6 of them in various sizes. I've dropped and crushed them many a time and no cracks or breaks yet.

You can also get insulated jackets for the regular Camelbak bottles that work real well.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby practically invincible » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 am

The camelbaks Podium line are pretty much clones of the old (and still rockin) polar bottles. I think the new polar with the rubbery pop top is probably the best bottle in that category. IMHO the Better bottles aren't really that buch better. They have a tendency to get really grimy when tossing in a NUUN or anyhting like that. Plus, I've had two now with bad molding that have actually popped along the seam when falling about... 25 feet. I'm a nalgene ruiner... but I still thank thats no good. I rock the Polar's on my bikes, but they tend to slide out, as does any other thin bottle when i use them in my disc bag with out the string to tighten them in (too much hassle), so I just choose from my collection of nallys. Warm water is easier on the stomach when it's mucho hot anyway. (I'm a gear whore, I've pretty much tried every hiking gizmo and gadget there is, I'm the dgdave of outdoor gear, lol)
The only disc I throw well consistently is my lucky Wizard.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear