bare feet

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

bare feet

Postby tigel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Sooo, I started throwing with no shoes and I'm loving it. I wont go into details why I prefer bare feet over shoes but I'm more curious if there are any types of shoes or sandles that have the same feel as not wearing shoes? I know there are those weird toe sandles that used to be huge a couple years ago. I'm more worried about winter, seeing as I'll have to wear shoes. I just want something that is as close to "feeling" bare foot as possible.

Also, is there possible socks that have grip on the bottom of them? Or "heavy duty" socks. I've gone through 5 pairs so far. haha, I know. I'm just curious. These cold days make it rough sometimes ;)
KC aviar | Roc | Teebird | Cyclone | Orc |predator| QOLS
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Re: bare feet

Postby JKP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby tigel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Those are it! Hmmm i think those will do just fine.
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PRES 10 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 pm

i seen a guy wearing them on the course this summer. He had no complaints, look like a hobbet though
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Postby curt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:16 pm

I've seen several people wearing those, but I would have 2 concerns about them for winter golf. I don't think they're made for wearing socks with and the material is quite thin. These two things makes me wonder how warm they're going to keep your feet.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby tigel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Oh, I'm not going to be using these for winter. I agree, I don't think they would keep my feet warm. I might have to just find some winter shoes...Minnesota winters aren't that bad though... /SARCASM
tigel
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jeremy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:39 pm

My wife and I have had ours for 7 or 8 months. I've logged in around 300 rounds in mine, and wear them about 30% of the time off the course. My wife has logged in about 15 rounds in hers. She wears them exclusively for fishing and playing disc golf. I'm over 200lbs, and the soles are wearing great, the material is holding up very well no holes or frays. I think I will easily be able to get another season out of them maybe a season and a half. When I wore other mid level all terrain shoes they would last 8 -12 months and I usually spent around $80 a pair. We wash them on a bi-weekly to weekly schedule if we are playing disc golf in them. I suggest that you go to a dealer and try them on before buying them online, they are not 100% true fitting. I had to try on 4 to 5 pair in 3 different sizes and then fell in love with the KSO's, while my wife got the Sprints. Here soon it will be to cold to wear them I would say once around 45-50 deg it will be to cold for them. It takes a week or 2 to get used to them, but after you do you wont want to wear anything else.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby inthedrift » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:40 am

If I tried to play in my bare feet I'd rip them to shreds judging by the wear I put on my shoes.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Jaysus » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:52 am

Nike Free may be another option to consider.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear