Inov-8 Shoe brand

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Inov-8 Shoe brand

Postby YoungGunLefty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Where did you find a pair that cheap?
Team DGA
YoungGunLefty
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Boss

Postby Yehosha » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:37 pm

YoungGunLefty wrote:Where did you find a pair that cheap?

rockandsnow.com. I had checked every site off Inov-8's webpage and they were $125-130. Out of curiosity I went to Google's shopping section and typed in "Roclite 318 GTX" and saw that Amazon had them for $103.95 and that rockandsnow.com had them for $74.95. They only had a few sizes left and one was my size.
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jaysus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 am

Flyroc 310 on sale for $30 @ amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Inov-8-flyroc-Tra ... 5&sr=1-377
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Yehosha » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Jaysus wrote:Flyroc 310 on sale for $30 @ amazon.com

Only if you wear size 4.5 or 5. The rest are $94.90

Also the ones at rockandsnow were also really small or really big sizes so I ended up buying from Amazon. They got here yesterday and feel a little snug on the sides. My ideal size would be 9.5 EEE, but I usually buy New Balance 10 4E, which is all I can find regularly at the store, which are a bit too big. I got these in a 10.5 since I read they are a half size smaller than normal, but ok for people with wide feet. I compared them to my NB 10 4E's and size wise they look almost identical, so i'm hoping they'll break in well.
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Yehosha » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:46 am

Yehosha wrote:
Jaysus wrote:Flyroc 310 on sale for $30 @ amazon.com

Only if you wear size 4.5 or 5. The rest are $94.90

Also the ones at rockandsnow were also really small or really big sizes so I ended up buying from Amazon. They got here yesterday and feel a little snug on the sides. My ideal size would be 9.5 EEE, but I usually buy New Balance 10 4E, which is all I can find regularly at the store, which are a bit too big. I got these in a 10.5 since I read they are a half size smaller than normal, but ok for people with wide feet. I compared them to my NB 10 4E's and size wise they look almost identical, so i'm hoping they'll break in well.

Thought I'd post an update after 5 months of use (I probably averaged 3 rounds of DG per week in that time.)

As for the fit, the 10.5's were still too narrow for me, should have bought an 11. They were still pretty comfortable otherwise, although my feet always feel very warm when wearing them...I'm sure do to the waterproof Gortex lining. They are ultralite

Durability wise they've held up very well, no sole seperation, tearing excessive wear of the tread....mostly very well made shoes. BUT, and it's a very big but (stop snickering), if you are someone that drags your toe when you drive off the tee, you will have huge problems. I knew I drug my non plant foot a little bit when driving, but never realized how much until I bought these shoes. I throw RHBH and about a 4 in section on the inside toe section of my left shoe has had about 3/4 of an inch of shoe scraped off. I didn't even notice until I had worn it down to the point there was almost a hole all the way thru to my sock. The cause for this is fact that the sides and the base of the shoe are made from an ultralight foam that is apparnetly not very durable....although even the the rubber sole wore away too in this area. My New Balances had this happen some, but not anywhere near this much, and not in this short of a period of time.

So if you aren't a foot dragger the shoes are great, but if you are I'd skip these shoes entirely.
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Yehosha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:45 pm

1 year update. I'd guess I played 100 rounds in them during the last year. The shoes are seperating in several places and the traction on the soles are worn way down. These may be great running shos, but they cannot hold up to the rigors of disc golf. Avoid them at all costs. Not worth the money at all. Thank God I bought them on sale or I'd be pissed I wasted so much money on "good" shoes.
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear