nice boots found

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

nice boots found

Postby RS39 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 am

La Sportiva FC 3.0 seems to have hiking boot support from the ball of the foot to the heel, while still having good flexibility at the front of the foot and around the ankle. A solid foul weather boot that does not play like being in a cast. The Vibram soles are great at gripping loose stuff on hills. And the minor color groove parts of the tread are on top of the Vibram, so I do not expect the soles to peel off the boot from throwing motions like other pieces-parts tread designs.

They were Backpacker magazines 2009 Best Buy.

I've only had mine a few weeks, but they are both tough and comfy enough for decent golf so far.

http://www.lasportiva.com/Magazine2007/ ... /FCGTX.jpg

Best Buy
"This shoe handled the kind of abuse we typically reserve for a heavy-duty boot," our tester reported after a rugged, largely cross-country hike through the High Sierra. Despite the big-boot stability, support, and protection, the FC 3.0 has the instant comfort and nimble feel of a lightweight dayhiking shoe. Sportiva achieves this by varying the density (read: stiffness) of the EVA midsole and the boot's flex: "It felt good even after hard 10-hour days carrying 30 pounds," said one tester.

The Gore-Tex liner kept feet dry, and the outsole bit into packed dirt while offering scrambling-shoe stickiness on talus. Lastly, the construction is superior for this category: You get smooth, secure lacing; a padded tongue that never migrates; and stitching that shows little wear after miles of rock-bashing. Best for low- to medium-volume feet. $150; 2 lbs. 8 oz.
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Re: nice boots found

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:26 am

I own these as well and while I will say that
A. I love La Sportiva
B. Their shit is solid.
C. This boot was not designed with disc golf in mind.

what I mean by C. is that there is another one of those, all too typical, vibram outsole that is very thin and is glued to the rest of the sole. These ALWAYS RIP OFF. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. That being said, this is an AWESOME boot.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear