Awesome Laser Range Finder Deal!

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Awesome Laser Range Finder Deal!

Postby jaboc83 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 am

So yesterday I was thinking it'd be nice to get a range finder to measure the distance to some of the targets I use in the practice field and see if the numbers match what I'm guesstimating with Google Maps, as well as get some range numbers on a couple courses that don't have distances labeled. I figured range finders couldn't be that expensive, so I went to Dick's Sporting Goods thinking I'd find one for $50-$100 and found there really wasn't anything less than $179 :/ I told the guy at the Hunting/Fishing counter I was looking for something really cheap just for disc golf (These are hunting and ball golf scopes I'd been looking at). He mentioned that they have a huge box of display models where people steal the battery covers from and the manager doesn't want to waste the time and money to send them back to the manufacturer for credit so he'd be willing to let one go pretty cheap. So I'm looking through the pile and find one with a case, instructions and still has the battery cover intact. It's a Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout which goes for $400-$500 and I ask him why it's in with the rest. He says he's guessing they stopped carrying them since it's no longer on display. So I asked what he would discount it to just out of curiosity and he tells me, "I think $80 sounds fair. We'll call it a deep military discount." (I was still in uniform from my drill weekend) SOLD! So to make a long story short, I just got a super expensive range finder for like 85% off! They will definitely have me as a returning customer :)
jaboc83
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Awesome Laser Range Finder Deal!

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:01 pm

That is a really nice deal! My dad's gf got him one for xmas a few years back and I've used it quite a bit. I think she paid like $300+ for it and he hardly uses it. I'd like to bring it just for the fun of it when I go out to play to get better at estimating distances during play and tourneys.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear