Inov-8 Shoes

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Inov-8 Shoes

Postby dvlcek » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Just wondering if anybody has tried these out before and what the experience was with them. A friend had some this summer and they looked freaking sweet. Nice and light with a good tread. Not sure on the support since I didn't get to try any on. Any hoot, thought I would see if anybody out there has used them for discing besides the one person I have seen with them.
dvlcek
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Piranha

Re: Inov-8 Shoes

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I own 2 pairs of the running shoes and in my personal opinion I don't think the shoes will stand up to a full year of disc golf. They're great, they fit pretty good, they're very light weight, but they're also quite thin. I've got a buddy that wears just the Roc's (300g+ ones I think) whenever he dgolfs and he hasn't had any complaints, but he's also like... 150 lbs whereas i'm pushin 200 and that additional friction does some not so happy stuff to a shoe sole. If you can get a good deal on a pair I'd pick them up, just don't walk into your purchase disillusioned into thinking they'll last for 3 years of steady play.

Also, some of their shoe designs annoy me because they don't differentiate between male/female other than size. They also make a lot of their shoes with excess pointy-ness to them, which bugs the hell out of me. In my mind the proper shoe is designed to follow the shape of the toes and the front of the foot, not come to a fucking cowboy foot point (albeit a more gradually rounded one). /rantoff
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby dvlcek » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah, they didn't look like they could hold up to a lot of abuse but hopefully at least a summer. (If I don't rotate my shoes like I do discs, none of my shoes make it much past a year). A lot of the courses I play have natural pads or something other than concrete and some of the tread design looked pretty rugged. And I"ll always take a lighter shoe when it comes time for some mountain golf in the summer.

Wasn't real big on the unisex idea either when I was looking at their website. Thanks for the heads up on the pointy toe. (Sounds kind of like my freaking bowling shoes). The guy that had them just kind of pops up every now and then with a buddy of mine to play. I'll have to ask him how they held up this summer. He does a little hiking as well so guessing they were more than just disc shoes for him.
dvlcek
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Piranha

Postby preracing25 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I am Jeronimo friend with the Innov-8. I love them. The toe box is tight at he said. They are super comfertable and the gor-tex is great. I went a year with roc-lites with gor-tex would have to look to see what model they are. They are great and still super comfertable. The gor-tex had givin up alittle so I bought a new pair. I think 318s with gortex. There blue and yellow to lazy to go look. But again I love them and they are super comfertable. You can find amazing deals on amazon. My new ones retail for I think 120 or 130 and I got them on amazon for 65 I believe.
preracing25
Noob

Favorite Disc: Avenger SS

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

:lol: :P Yeah, preracing is the 125lb kid with the Inov-8's
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Inov-8 Shoes

Postby peppermack » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I have apair that I used for trail running and DG. I put 500+ trail miles on em and a hundred or so rounds of DG. They are super durable for me
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby J-Bolt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I have pair of Roclite 295s and they have held up to a year of DG and lots of trail runs. Thanks again for the recommendation peppermack.
J-Bolt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Vacant

Inov-8 Shoes

Postby peppermack » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Ya they seem to be put together really well. They can take a ton of abuse without coming apart at any of the seams or the treads wearing out or separating.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear