Questions on footwear

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Timko » Wed May 21, 2008 7:56 am

Zappos.com is taking my Salomons back (which I wore out in 9 months of playing). Getting a pair of the new Salomon XT Wings later this week, when my size gets in at my local Salomon dealer.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby dgdave » Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 am

What was going on with your salomons? I still have the original box and possibly the recipit somewhere. Was it easy to return them?

I just want to make for sure, so if there is a big blow out, I don't want to feel like I wasted 130 bucks.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Timko » Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 am

Actually, Zappos.com was hesitant about taking them back. Salomon said they would, but Zappos.com said they normally don't take anything back from "normal wear and tear." My real problem is that I think I bought half a size too big, and the laces pulled too tightly on the sides of the toe. That's where my fabric is ripping. I'm getting the next size down (try finding a 7 in mens, folks). I tried on the comparable ladies size, and they fit much much better.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby stoneman » Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 am

My Salomons started to rip a little, so I contacted the store I bought them from. They said as they were 6 months old, they wouldn't replace them, as 6 months is generally considered the life of a pair of sports shoes. They did say that I could send them to Salomon, and that they would PROBABLY replace them. I decided just to forget about it, as the small tear is only comsmetic, and doesn't affect performance. I'm really happy with my shoes, and will probably buy Salomon again since these are so comfy. I'm a little disappointed with how quickly they started to show wear, but it's a lot better than when I had to buy training shoes every 6 weeks at 100 bucks a pop (in 80s money) :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jtkustomizer » Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 am

Got me some new shoes last night. Everywhere I looked at Merrels/salomens was out of stock in my size so I went with a pair of Hi-Tecs that were on sale for 30. I might go back and buy me another pair since they were so cheap. They are just as comfortabe as any of the merrels/salomens but they are just a tad bit lighter in weight. I will be playing in a one day tourney tomorrow and well see how the react on the course. I have been playing in my skate shoes lately and they have been getting uncomfortable after the first 9 holes

http://www.hi-tec.com/category.php?styl ... urId=24323
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby pointdisc » Fri May 23, 2008 9:33 am

Merrell Chameleon stretch II's are amazing! Going through my first year with them and they're holding up awesome. Mainly concrete tees, and the soles show little wear, plus they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

They are a bit warm, so I'll still play in my Adidas superstars (another great DG shoe for cement pads) on hotter days.

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby stoneman » Fri May 23, 2008 8:06 pm

jtkustomizer wrote:Got me some new shoes last night. Everywhere I looked at Merrels/salomens was out of stock in my size so I went with a pair of Hi-Tecs that were on sale for 30. I might go back and buy me another pair since they were so cheap. They are just as comfortabe as any of the merrels/salomens but they are just a tad bit lighter in weight. I will be playing in a one day tourney tomorrow and well see how the react on the course. I have been playing in my skate shoes lately and they have been getting uncomfortable after the first 9 holes

Can you order those online for30 bucks? I'd give them a try.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ccs1676 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:24 pm

pointdisc wrote:Merrell Chameleon stretch II's are amazing! Going through my first year with them and they're holding up awesome. Mainly concrete tees, and the soles show little wear, plus they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

They are a bit warm, so I'll still play in my Adidas superstars (another great DG shoe for cement pads) on hotter days.

pd

I have some Chamleons but never play dg in them. They are quite heavy compared to other shoes. I guess I like to be light on my feet...
ccs1676
Noob

Postby J-Man » Fri May 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Just picked these up; not cheap but the fit is fabulous and they are constructed for foot and ankle torque with reinforcement at the toe.
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jtkustomizer » Sat May 24, 2008 5:54 am

stoneman wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:Got me some new shoes last night. Everywhere I looked at Merrels/salomens was out of stock in my size so I went with a pair of Hi-Tecs that were on sale for 30. I might go back and buy me another pair since they were so cheap. They are just as comfortabe as any of the merrels/salomens but they are just a tad bit lighter in weight. I will be playing in a one day tourney tomorrow and well see how the react on the course. I have been playing in my skate shoes lately and they have been getting uncomfortable after the first 9 holes

I dont think sobut I could go and pick you up a pair if you tell me what size and pay for shipping.

You might try http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=BExF ... 3D25782779

Thats where i bought them
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby tumpsi » Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 am

Feelings about the Salomon's after first 18 holes: they rock!
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Sat May 24, 2008 9:15 am

J-Man wrote:Image
Just picked these up; not cheap but the fit is fabulous and they are constructed for foot and ankle torque with reinforcement at the toe.
Those shoes look awesome for dry weather disc golf. I may have to pick up a pair like that. Thanks J-Man.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby nickster9224 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:42 pm

nickster9224
Tree Magnet

Postby jamsisjams » Sat May 24, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm currently rocking a pair of sandals from Salomon. I don't remember what specific model they are and I can't find them on Salomon's website. They're last seasons model so I got a good deal on them. I've had them for about a month or so and they're working great for now. The sole is absolutely amazing. Some of the teepads that trouble others never trouble me. The sandals are breathable but the design looks like a sneaker. They're extremely comfortable in every situation that I've encountered so far, whether that's rafting down the river or hiking up and down hills.

The only complaint I have so far is that the odor control is total bullshit. I wore these shoes to a weekend tournament and by Sunday they reeked. I brought along another pair of shoes to wear during my off-time and those sandals were just fine; the Salomons, though, had to receive a healthy dousing of Lysol.

Last, I have to question the construction of these sandals. Having worn them everywhere in the woods, river and the city, they've held up just fine. It's only been a month, though, so I would expect that. Looking at the shoe, I can only hope for the best regarding the longevity. Currently there's one weak spot of stitching on the left shoe toe joint area (where the toe connects to the rest of your foot) but everything else is doing just fine. I think with some shoe goo application that everything will work out just fine.

Regarding Salomons in general, from my experience the sole will last forever but you'll have to take a little extra care of the rest of the shoe. So it goes.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby stoneman » Sat May 24, 2008 3:21 pm

jtkustomizer wrote:
stoneman wrote:

I dont think sobut I could go and pick you up a pair if you tell me what size and pay for shipping.

You might try http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=BExF ... 3D25782779

Thats where i bought them

I'll keep looking for those. Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to put you through the hassle.

Here they are in size 10, if anyone's interested. If they were 11 or 11.5, I'd have a pair on the way. Shipping is only like 5 bucks.

http://www.rei.com/REI-Outlet/product/760785?vcat=OUTLET_SEARCH
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear