need advice on dg footware

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

need advice on dg footware

Postby sublime113 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:42 am

I currently have a pair of boots that rocks for disc golf, but there is a really nice 9 hole course that the person who made one of the nicest 18 hole courses in NE ohio also designed and it is on the beach about 3 miles from my house. I find now that with work I don't always have enough time to go up to the nice 18 because it is far away. The largest problem with the beach course is that I always get a lot of crap in my shoes. Up until yesterday I have been wearing an old pair of adidas sandals and then shooting barefoot. A reed broke through the bottom and stabbed me in the foot while I was in the middle of the round. Can anyone reccomend a nice pair of sandals for walking around the course and not getting blisters and such. I dont like the thong design ones and don't plan to throw in them. I just need something that will hold up to the abuse and be comfortable and preferably cheap. Anyone have any suggestions?
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 am

i have a pair of sport Merrell Sandals....and they are non-thonged....

they are bucks tho....

you'd be best with just a pair of sneakers...and just empty em out after the round...
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes
Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Jaysus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:51 am

Check out the Keen brand

I'm sure they have something that will work for you.. or at least give you an idea of what to look for.
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Midnightbiker » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Jaysus wrote:Check out the Keen brand

I'm sure they have something that will work for you.. or at least give you an idea of what to look for.

I got a pair that look very similar to those at Walmart for $10. That have a closed toe just like the ones on the site. They are almost identical. Very comfortable. I wear them during the rain or on muddy courses.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
Plastic Fondler
Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby niuvalleycane » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid cut with some aftermarket inserts and wool light hiking socks.

I moved to these from Vans and trail running shoes after turning an ankle and they have been sooooo comfy 8)
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear