need advice on dg footware

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

need advice on dg footware

Postby sublime113 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:42 am

I currently have a pair of boots that rocks for disc golf, but there is a really nice 9 hole course that the person who made one of the nicest 18 hole courses in NE ohio also designed and it is on the beach about 3 miles from my house. I find now that with work I don't always have enough time to go up to the nice 18 because it is far away. The largest problem with the beach course is that I always get a lot of crap in my shoes. Up until yesterday I have been wearing an old pair of adidas sandals and then shooting barefoot. A reed broke through the bottom and stabbed me in the foot while I was in the middle of the round. Can anyone reccomend a nice pair of sandals for walking around the course and not getting blisters and such. I dont like the thong design ones and don't plan to throw in them. I just need something that will hold up to the abuse and be comfortable and preferably cheap. Anyone have any suggestions?
SOLF~Teebird~Leopard~Roc~Wizard
sublime113
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 am

i have a pair of sport Merrell Sandals....and they are non-thonged....

they are bucks tho....

you'd be best with just a pair of sneakers...and just empty em out after the round...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Jaysus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:51 am

Check out the Keen brand

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722063231/page/1.html

I'm sure they have something that will work for you.. or at least give you an idea of what to look for.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Midnightbiker » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Jaysus wrote:Check out the Keen brand

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722063231/page/1.html

I'm sure they have something that will work for you.. or at least give you an idea of what to look for.

I got a pair that look very similar to those at Walmart for $10. That have a closed toe just like the ones on the site. They are almost identical. Very comfortable. I wear them during the rain or on muddy courses.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby niuvalleycane » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid cut with some aftermarket inserts and wool light hiking socks.

I moved to these from Vans and trail running shoes after turning an ankle and they have been sooooo comfy 8)
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear