lower right back pain

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: lower right back pain

Postby Torg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:56 am

Wow, this is a useful thread for me right now. I have been working a lot on putting and after taking about a week off golf I woke up to this. I assume it is the unbalanced thing together with no exercise for a week. Stretching like mad now to fix it. Heat btw made it worse. Time for the winter workout routine I guess.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 am

Stopping can be more dangerous than keeping on moving at times. Less blood circulation and nutrients in and gunk out creates a higher chance of inflammation so a little blood flow increasing activity might help. Nothing i've heard suggests that you couldn't raise the heart rate by exercising another part of the body sparing the hurting part although it might not add as many benefits to the hurting place. I don't recall the factor of stress on the spine sitting has over standing up but it could have been double or triple. Having the pain on one side could be imbalance issue but have you reached to pick something up and twisting to the left? Lifting stuff that weighs a little might be enough if you twist to the side. Also leaning off center for long times will play havoc with the lower back.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby geoloseth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm

If heat made it worse then it's likely joint related vs muscle. I have issues with my lower right sacroilliac joint stemming from years of sports injuries and my left leg being about 1/4 - 1/2 inch shorter than my right. Putting practice always ends up with me in a lot of pain. A heel cushion on just my left heel has helped immensely.

Try an ice pack and check out some lower back related stretches. If it keeps hurting see a doctor and make sure you ask them what the alternatives are to the "it's just a pulled muscle" theory.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury