Eye Injury

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eye Injury

Postby Tao of Disc Golf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

While trying to throw from a woodsy area the other day, I scratched my cornea because of a branch. I'm no doctor, but I have some advice. First off, wearing sunglasses is a good habit. If you don't like wearing them, keep a pair in your bag for shots from the woods.
I went to the emergency room with my injury, and they pretty much just gave me some antibiotics, a tetanus shot, and some pain pills. My eye still hurt just as bad for three days, until I went to an actual eye doctor. He corrected my problem almost immediately by giving me a "bandage," which was like a contact lens, that let my eye heal without my eyelid rubbing against it. 8)
Tao of Disc Golf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz

Re: Eye Injury

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 am

I feel ya man. Absolutely sunglasses are a must. I have a pair of Native sunglasses that have interchangeable lenses. So when I do go into the wooded sections of the courses, I can change out to my low light lenses and not worry about my eyes. I almost lost an eye as a kid from a stick to the eye. I always wear sun glasses, that and my vision is naturally 20/15 so my eyes are sensitive.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury