cheapest disc golf website

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

cheapest disc golf website

Postby zatabddy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 am

What is the cheapest disc golf website out there? Overall, disc golf is a cheap sport since most courses are free, but the actual discs are not so cheap! Usually $13-17 bucks at my local sports stores. Besides eBay, can anyone recommend the cheapest online store they know of?
Last edited by zatabddy on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zatabddy
Noob

Re: cheapest disc golf website

Postby Grinder » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:11 am

Two places I have watched are Marshall Street and disgolfcenter.com

What I wanted was a place with better colors and weights then my brick and mortar shop. Marshall street so far has had less expensive disc but $6 shipping. Discgolfomline is a little more expensive (like a dolor more) but I do not know about shipping. Maybe slightly less selection for the base disc.

Amazon was about the same but mush less selection. Ya just gotta check all 4 places searching for a deal.
Grinder
Noob

Favorite Disc: Patroit

Postby iacas » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am

I like CommunityDiscs. Great guy to deal with, and $1 for shipping on any order. Get three or more discs and he ships Priority.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 am

Strange forum placement.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 am

I know cost reduction is an obvious objective when shopping online but I would simply pass this thought on: Disc golf is a small, very local based sport in communities commonly tied together by clubs. When purchasing discs, please try to support your local shops to help them stay in business as they are part of the sports infrastructure. Also, something they have in common with some of the bigger online retailers, look for shops that do a good job supporting the sport. Some go out of their way to sponsor tournies, players, etc... Some just stick to moving discs. Maybe its just me but I'd rather eat an extra $.50 to a $1 to support the movement.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby PMantle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:32 am

Only local options for me are:
Academy
Walmart
Hastings.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby iacas » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:07 am

Jeronimo wrote:Maybe its just me but I'd rather eat an extra $.50 to a $1 to support the movement.

I would too. Love to support local businesses - do it for my running equipment, etc. even if it's at a higher cost.

Disc golf is too small though for many people to have local options (as I'm sure you know). Your advice is worth repeating though, if it's an option. Stop in and get to know the people at the local shops.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby JHern » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Jeronimo wrote:I know cost reduction is an obvious objective when shopping online but I would simply pass this thought on: Disc golf is a small, very local based sport in communities commonly tied together by clubs. When purchasing discs, please try to support your local shops to help them stay in business as they are part of the sports infrastructure. Also, something they have in common with some of the bigger online retailers, look for shops that do a good job supporting the sport. Some go out of their way to sponsor tournies, players, etc... Some just stick to moving discs. Maybe its just me but I'd rather eat an extra $.50 to a $1 to support the movement.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

If consumers only want cheap cheap cheap, then pretty soon the only place we'll be able to get Chinese-made discs is at a Wal-mart.

I personally want to see and feel a disc before I buy it, unless I know exactly what I'm getting. Buying from an online retailer is a total coin toss. Also, I know for a fact that disc makers send their best product to their buddies at the pro shops...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury