Always pay attention when looking for a disc!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby zealot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:33 am

hey chowzer... i dont blame you :shock:
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby all_thumbs » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:11 am

I have a number of scars from disc searches in the schule. I walked away from Devil's Ridge in the Detroit area with over twenty different cuts and scratches. Hole 5 or 6 at Cass Benton cut me on the arm and the face at the same time.

First day playing in Virginia at Burke Lake I sprained my ankle.

Had a widow maker tree branch (at least 4" thich and 15' long) fall about 8 feet behind me, 10 seconds after I walked through the space at Wagner Park in Royal Oak, Michigan.

My first season at a very small course called Raintree park, I had a beautiful S curve shot just begining to hyzer toward the basket on the longest hole, but it was going to go by a large group since there was only about 25 feet between the basket and the next tee. I had time to yell Fore, Fore, FORE, LOOK THE F*<% OUT! before it hit a guy in the head. His friends had warned him too, just in time to turn into it. He was wearing a hat and it still drew blood. I didn't feel as bad later though, because they were playing best shot dubs with 4 teams, and the losing team, which he was on, stood up against a wall to get beaned by everyone else.
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby sleepy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:06 am

gwailo wrote: I didn't feel as bad later though, because they were playing best shot dubs with 4 teams, and the losing team, which he was on, stood up against a wall to get beaned by everyone else.

What is wrong with people?!

I'm starting to think Darwin was right! :roll:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:08 pm

You'd throw better next time if you were on the wall this time now wouldn't you?

That is pretty barbaric tho...

Kids these days :roll: .
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:45 am

whats funny is ken is not a kid. i see people doing this all the time. these kids will whi wraiths at the friends backs from 30' out. luckly for the wall kids they have no arm but jesus that still has to hurt.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:28 am

sleepy wrote:I'm starting to think Darwin was right! :roll:

sleepy

Starting? heh, live and let live; the unfit will filter themselves out.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mdabbs » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:44 pm

Here in Florida you have to look for Gators. I don't really go in the water since moving from Memphis. I have also seen water moccasins here. The other day I was playing and got stung by some yellow jackets. Little did I know I was allergic. My ear started feeling like it was full of water. Then my scalp itched like crazy. I had never reacted before and didn't know what was happening. I figured it out when my lip started feeling fat. I ran out of there and got to a gas station, took benedryl and called an ambulance. I just didn't know how far it would go. Your throat can swell up. Never got that far and didn't have to take the ambulance when it arrived. Now I carry an Epipen when I go. Pretty scary stuff.
mdabbs
Noob

Postby steezo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Great job getting some benedryl quickly. Thats the best way to make sure your throat doesn't close up. I carry some in my bag at all times just in case someone needs it or if my allergies got carzy.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

dangers

Postby twmccoy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:35 pm

Boy I'm glad I don't live anywhere there are poisonous snakes or alligators. I spend a lot of time looking for discs and like not worrying about wildlife. I have been stung by wasps before. I've also gotten bloodied and torn clothes while looking for discs.

Also, some of the discs I pull out of lakes have leeches adhered to them. That is gross scraping those things off. At least I wear waders.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby bigboi76 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 pm

Yeah, at Hornet's Nest Park in Charlotte, one time I accidentally threw into a family reunion. You need to watch out for large mobs of angry people who like to set up their party in the middle of a fairway that's blind from the tee box.

Funny thing was, eventually I spent the next 5 minutes showing a few of the people from the family how to throw a disc and explaining disc golf to them.
bigboi76
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion