Disc Snatchers Need to Die!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:52 pm

I lost a e element in that pond before of the tee, those things have a ton of carry of given the height (and from that altitude the heights already there) that and theres a position for hole 5 right by the pond, its easy to loose them there in that position (I threw two bangers in in one week last time it was in that position)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:20 pm

Sucks to hear that Badlands had that happen. That's the one course I have never feared on a disc snatcher. Now Expo in Aurora is another story. I always wait when I see those punk ass kids near by till they are totally outta range of being able to snag one of my discs. I chased a kid down from hole #2 all the way to hole #8. He jumped off his bike so I took his bike. He told me to give him his bike back I told him to give my disc back he said I foudn it on the ground it's mine I told him I found this bike laying on the ground it's mine, I got my disc back after that.

Bastard.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to you again. When I play any course I just throw 2 drives to start. Specially if it's a blind landing zone. The 1 time I threw 4 I put 2 of them in the Lake behind the swamp on Hole #1, and that lake is NASTY.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Fritz wrote:Sucks to hear that Badlands had that happen. That's the one course I have never feared on a disc snatcher. Now Expo in Aurora is another story. I always wait when I see those punk ass kids near by till they are totally outta range of being able to snag one of my discs. I chased a kid down from hole #2 all the way to hole #8. He jumped off his bike so I took his bike. He told me to give him his bike back I told him to give my disc back he said I foudn it on the ground it's mine I told him I found this bike laying on the ground it's mine, I got my disc back after that.

Bastard.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to you again. When I play any course I just throw 2 drives to start. Specially if it's a blind landing zone. The 1 time I threw 4 I put 2 of them in the Lake behind the swamp on Hole #1, and that lake is NASTY.

yeah thats what I thought about badlands too, its not the best neighborhood, but its not paco ;-) paco the kids ask you for plastic (you should see how happy they get when you give them a trashed lepord or old putter, its worth it)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:37 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
Fritz wrote:Sucks to hear that Badlands had that happen. That's the one course I have never feared on a disc snatcher. Now Expo in Aurora is another story. I always wait when I see those punk ass kids near by till they are totally outta range of being able to snag one of my discs. I chased a kid down from hole #2 all the way to hole #8. He jumped off his bike so I took his bike. He told me to give him his bike back I told him to give my disc back he said I foudn it on the ground it's mine I told him I found this bike laying on the ground it's mine, I got my disc back after that.

Bastard.

yeah thats what I thought about badlands too, its not the best neighborhood, but its not paco ;-) paco the kids ask you for plastic (you should see how happy they get when you give them a trashed lepord or old putter, its worth it)

Yeah I like the kid who tried to play dumb and asks you what you are doing then asks for a disc. I've already given him 2 discs the lasttime I was there I told him dude you know what I'm doing man, I already gave you a couple discs lol.

I've had to yell twice so far on some kids back by #13 and #14 to drop my/group members disc. You gotta watch yoru discs down there for sure speciallly on those back holes.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

disc thieves

Postby twmccoy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:42 am

Bastard.

Yeah, there are some rotten kids at expo. I thought I was going to scrap with them one day after they almost stole the discs I was trying to sell. I would have just thrown the kids bike in the lake and let him fish it out.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby trogdor » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:49 am

When: Last Saturday
Where: Bird's Nest
What: I drive, am within putting range, watch a player on another hole walk up to my disc and pick it up. I yell "Leave it" The guy says, "Oh, I didn't realize it was yours."

If you are on a DC course and see a disc lying near the pin, wouldn't you assume that someone (who is currently standing on the fairway for that hole) threw it?

Bah!
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:56 pm

When the element first came out in proto, I order 4 from Dave. I was practicing on a short hole seeing what they flew like. 3 of them parked, and I shanked one of them off into the woods. So I looked for the mis-thrown one for 10 or so minutes (it got caught in a thick evergreen and took me forever to see it), and when I returned to the basket, all 3 were gone. I ended up finding one of them about 6 months later in someone else's bag (along with one of my friend's discs), and I asked why they hadn't called the numbers on the back. They said they had, but no one answered. Sure.
I'm not whining about losing plastic or anything, but if you call the number on the back of any of my discs, I'll normally give you something for your trouble. For example, I've lost my driving wizard at least 4 times in the past 2 years because of water/deep leaves in the fall (almost lost it in the leaves yesterday). I posted a sign on the teepad, and when the disc was found, I gave them a driver or something. They were quite happy with the trade, and I know of one who still uses the disc I gave them. I think if you write "REWARD IF FOUND" on the disc, one may get them back more often.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby trogdor » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:15 pm

How 'bout "Reward for not picking up my disc that is obviously in play" :wink:
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby chris86wm » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:18 pm

trogdor wrote:How 'bout "Reward for not picking up my disc that is obviously in play" :wink:

what you need to do is dye your discs with the words "LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE" :lol:
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Furthur wrote:I think if you write "REWARD IF FOUND" on the disc, one may get them back more often.

Yah, I am trying that one right now. I will gladly reward anyone that will return my discs. Even if they are not worth it.

Next I am going to try "if I catch you with my disc I am going to rip out your eye and skull f*ck you to death"...

Ooooooo, somebody needs to make a stamp with that picture...
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby chris86wm » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:40 pm

Innova should come out with a new mold just for that.

The Innova "if I catch you with my disc I am going to rip out your eye and skull f*ck you to death" Long Range Distance Driver
...............available in DX, Champion, and Star plastic
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby Rooster » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:"if I catch you with my disc I am going to rip out your eye and skull f*ck you to death"...

I may have thay dyed on my surge.......
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jmammo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:11 pm

chris86wm wrote:Innova should come out with a new mold just for that.

The Innova "if I catch you with my disc I am going to rip out your eye and skull f*ck you to death" Long Range Distance Driver

beautiful!!!! I'd buy that
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby -Frank- » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:14 pm

chris86wm wrote:Innova should come out with a new mold just for that.

It would probably be only available in Star, and be a tiny bit more overstable than the Maxx. Or only available in the CFR program, and you have to win a lottery to get the privilege to buy it for $300. :roll:
-Frank-
Noob

writing on discs

Postby twmccoy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:17 pm

This was written on a disc I found yesterday. "If found, please call number above. If not returned to proper owner may you receive some bad karma. so don't be a bitch and give me my disc back!". This took up the whole bottom of the disc. I don't know what I'll do with this disc, but I won't keep it.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Previous

Return to General Discussion