mystery gift?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

mystery gift?

Postby swel304 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:53 pm

Just placed an oreder from gggt.com, soft wizard, kc roc, gateway straps and a sweet roc tshirt. I put the mystery gift in my cart and was wondering if anyone else has gotten one/what you got? I just hope for anything but more dust collecting mini's :lol:
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:43 pm

I'm pretty sure blake works there so I'm sure if you're real nice he might be able to help you out.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Terrence » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:16 pm

When I last ordered from gggt.com I recieved a "Disc Golfer On board" sticker. A different sticker woul've been cool, but a free mystery gift is always nice.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby swel304 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:41 am

it asks for shirt size, hopefully something better than a sticker. the gotta go joe shirts are pretty cool. but like you said, free is always nice, whatever it is.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Rooster » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:22 am

i got a yellow 148 aero x-out!
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby garublador » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:11 am

I got a black baseball-type had made out of hemp.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby presidio hills » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:10 pm

i placed a big order and got a #2 upshot and an x-out dx eagle-L. haven't thrown the #2 upshot yet but it feels nice... looks like it'll fly good (like a polecat), but i got my wizards, so you know...
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby swel304 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:00 am

ups just arrived. my mystery gift is a little flyer maximizer. anyone throw one of these? looks like a fast disc but ill give it a try. the kc roc feels good, but i think they sent me the wrong wizard, I ordered the soft and it feels as stiff as the kc plastic.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:12 am

swel304 wrote:ups just arrived. my mystery gift is a little flyer maximizer. anyone throw one of these? looks like a fast disc but ill give it a try. the kc roc feels good, but i think they sent me the wrong wizard, I ordered the soft and it feels as stiff as the kc plastic.

Does it say "Soft" somewhere on the bottom? The Soft Wizards really aren't all that soft. They're close to most other lower end plastics as far as firmness is concerned, IMO.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby superq » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:42 am

the wizzard will also break in to a much softer disc than most putters out there that start off softer. as you use it and work it you will see what I mean, I have a few soft ones that get used strictly in the yard as practice putters so they get a years worth of wear about every month and they are freekin money, I have already switched out my putter in the bag for one of them. I think David explained to me one time that the flight plate on the wizard is a lot thinner than the other putters out there and that is why they get so good feeling, not to mention that they freekin bomb a lot further than other putters.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 am

swel304 wrote:ups just arrived. my mystery gift is a little flyer maximizer. anyone throw one of these?

Maximizer is VERY understable - useful for beginning players or as a roller.
Craig
Tree Magnet

Postby swel304 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:27 pm

I played doubles tonight and a guy in my group was useing a soft wizard and mine is definitly not a soft. like I said, its as hard if not harder than the kc roc. Maybe blake can hook me up on a discount on a soft (wink wink nudge nudge ) :lol: . anyway its still a nice putter, I like it alot. its like if a rhyno humped an aviar, it would have a wizard baby.
as for the roc im not sure if its bent or im just not used to the plastic but it flutters alot when I throw it and turned the first few time I threw it. or maybe it just needs beat up some.
the maximizer threw me for a loop. the first time I threw it I got the longest drive I have ever thrown, around 330ft. after hitting the ground a few times It went waaay understable. I probobly will use it for a roller as it seems to turn and roll. seems like it will be useful though so it will likely stay in my bag. which is cool since i probly would not have ever tried one otherwise.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:35 pm

the softs are as stiff as kc aviars. the stiff ones. the dude either had a different run (probably a bit older...), or prehaps a super soft wizard (if you noticed).

you'll get used to its stiffness and learn to love it. i throw the mediums now and they are extremely stiff. i dig it.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby swel304 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:45 pm

If mine is soft his is super extra crazy soft, its like putty. It doesnt have any "stick" to it. but it is the best putter Ive used so far and I have tried alot trying to find something I like. It seems just as deep as the aviar but for some reason Im getting cleaner release with it. Maybe its the less grip that works better for me, so maybe the putty soft one isnt a good idea for me.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby vonDrehle » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:02 pm

Man, I just realized I forgot to add it two weeks ago when I got my new bag and straps, $100+. Oh well...
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Next

Return to General Discussion