Would anyone like to come to Dallas to learn my snap method?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Would anyone like to come to Dallas to learn my snap method?

Postby sunspot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

I think there should be a fixed date around September or October. If it could happen on a weekend that would be great. This way everyone who is out of town that could go can have a set date.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby RoomTenONine » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

I haven't read this entire thread, but it would be awesome if Bradley or Blake or Dan would do trips. I know I'd gladly open my house for some guys to come up to the NE and do a weekend clinic. I'm sure we could get enough folks to chip in $ for a plane ticket, fees and good times to make the trip worth it.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby sunspot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

It would be great if we could get the three B's together: Blake, Beato, and Brad. That would be a great, informative session.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RoomTenONine » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Seriously, the 3Bs should think about this. I know ISF Calibration guys who do tours to calibrate audio and video equipment in home theaters and what not. They do quite well. You guys could probably do something similar with calibrating people's form!
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby Donkeypuncher » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 pm

I think a clinic type thing would be a good idea. With the few rounds I've played with brad, I've learned a lot of stuff that I would otherwise never even thought of. It's so much more than just the snap method alone, it's insight into the correct form and what you're doing wrong. It reminds me of the perfect baseball swing, and even the perfect way to throw a punch. Your body, weight transfer, form, and levering action plays such a big role, it's hard to grasp the concept until it is explained to you in the right way.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:00 pm

If a date could be agreed on then I would do my utmost to make it. I wanna throw far...and accurately. It's a long trip from NC to Dallas but I could see it being worth my time if I could find a place to stay and could make arrangements to take the time off.
This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship. -lovetodg-

Wizard / Roc / Comet / Banshee / Eagle / OLF
BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Eagle

Postby black udder » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Donkeypuncher wrote:I think a clinic type thing would be a good idea. With the few rounds I've played with brad, I've learned a lot of stuff that I would otherwise never even thought of. It's so much more than just the snap method alone, it's insight into the correct form and what you're doing wrong. It reminds me of the perfect baseball swing, and even the perfect way to throw a punch. Your body, weight transfer, form, and levering action plays such a big role, it's hard to grasp the concept until it is explained to you in the right way.

Yeah, exactly. And it seems to me that the kicker is the "right way" is rarely the same way and hardly ever at the same time as another person :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Blink » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Ya'll should come on down for the Veterans Park Open at the end of October. Probably the biggest tournament all year for the DFW area. Ams play a separate weekend before USDGC for some reason, but this year its a NT event and I think we'll have quite a few coming out for it. Not just every top pro in Texas/Oklahoma.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby Donkeypuncher » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 pm

That is definitely one of the bigger events around here. That course is brutal for me with my ankle problems though, I remember leaving half way through the round after walking up 1 specific giant hill.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blink » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 pm

Yeah Veterans and Zboaz are pretty similar billy goat courses. Honestly I skip the holes on nasty hills when I play by myself.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby sunspot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm going to be in Hope, Ar the week of October 5 to visit my family. I might try to make a trip to Dallas (if possible) during an off day. Who knows, maybe Rusty and you can make a trip to Texarkana to do a mini-seminar, or meet somewhere in the middle. That would be more feasible for me. If not, then I'll try to see if I can make it down to Dallas for a lesson.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion