Need a new bag.

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need a new bag.

Postby plshrk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:28 am

Alright right now I have an Innova Deluxe and I am kind of outgrowing it. I dont want to spend a ridiculous amount on it but I know you have to pay for quality. What are some recommendations? Thatdirty and I were talking about this last night. Would just like some other input/
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby Rooster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:44 am

revo bags are the best. right now i have an innova tour bag and its alright nothing super special but its solid. im sure gorilla boys are good but i havent seen one yet.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:51 am

the two bags on the market that are actually worth spending your duckets on are the Gateway bags, or the revolution bags.

Never seen the GB.

It is to bad Wall city went out of biz that was the best bag and waranty on a bag you could get.

I had a cube they totally replaced twice in 4 years. for free to me and paid shipping both ways and sent me free schwag.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:27 am

Revolution is the best bag available though it is very pricey. I don't use the word expensive because I believe it is worth what you pay. You have to decide whether you're more comfortable paying more for a bag now, or pay the same amount to replace other bags in the same period of time.

I have had terrible experience with Innova bags, and I've had 4 or 5 of them.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Gorilla Boy!

Postby Discoman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:23 pm

just recieved my medium G Boy in blue with camo highlights, very solid and cool holds 15 in the main pocket with room for two putters in the pocket a ditty bag that could hold a compact windbreaker, 32 oz bev holder, misc pockets etc. four points to mount a quad on if you like....and it supports one of our own doing what they love.
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:54 pm

Is there a good website with pics of the GB bags?

I need a bag to hold 20+ discs 2 water bottles and misc schwag (wallet scorecards, cigs, pencils, lighter, unmentionables...)

would be willing to check it out if I could see more pics and what not.
superq
Tree Magnet

Postby Luckyg71 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 pm

unmentionables???? Why are you carrying new underwear??
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby superq » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:01 pm

well I actually have other unmentionable items in my dg bag, No undies never found much use for those things anyway. 8)

unmentionables in polite society usually refers to undies, however since this is anything but polite society I think we can safely assume that undies are not unmentionable, however since I was not the one to initially mention the afore mentioned undies........

whatever, I do not have extra underwear in my bag so dont ask.

(sidebar, I may have a spare diaper in there for the kiddo)
superq
Tree Magnet

Yeh

Postby plshrk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:40 pm

I really like the Gateway tour bag.
plshrk
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: LandSharkSports.com

Postby Weebl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:49 pm

I am searching for a camera, i got a gorilla boy bag, Large size, and this thing is incredible. Spacious, and people always comment on how unique it is (a beautiful blue with marigold yellow highlights) and i tell them how much it costs and what it came with and I now have at least 3 locals interested in buying one... it's a deal, they look rad and a half and they're quality materials (from what I've seen in mine and heard from others so far)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 pm

If anyone wants to see some pics of my bags just ask and I can send some to you in a email
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby twincitiesdg » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:06 pm

Some ideas for you: As already stated, revos are great but expensive- also you will not be able to get 20 plus discs into a revo (maybe the backpack), they max out around 15. Gateways are great bags, they are of comperable quality to revos, they just don't look as fancy. You could fit your 20 discs in the gateway tour bag. Another option is the re-designer pdga bag, hands down the least expensive of the bunch. I got mine for 60 $ and have had it for over 6 months with almost no signs of visable wear. It has 2 bottle holders and is made of a very heavy duty nylon that is very durable. My friend got his revo at the same time that i got the pdga and it is safe to say that his has more visable wear (I am not trying to knock revos). I play alot (the bag has seen at least 200 rounds) so i am confident it is going to hold up. On a side note, i am not sure where you are thinking about getting your bag, but check out sun king discs on the web, they offer combo deals with bags and quad shocks together at a discounted price.
twincitiesdg
Noob

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Yeah, I got a PDGA bag earlier this year myself after my discraft bag was on the verge of blowout. I've seen the revo bags before, and they definitely look really nice, but I think the PDGA's are a good bang for the buck bag. They're pretty much a no-frills, heavy duty, get the job done kind of bag, and mine has held up fine through lots of regular rounds (including ones stomping through hollies and blackberry patches). I think one thing that the revo and gateway bags (i think gateways have 'em, right?) have that set them apart are the internal frames. You have the velcro dividers you can put in (i opted not to), but they don't do the job like a rigid frame would. One cool feature I accidentally found with the bag is that if you happen to let it roll down a hill, all the discs stay put inside (i've only had my putters in the front pocket come out). So yeah, all in all, the revo's and gateways are great bags (and the GB's look good from the pictures I've seen, too), but the PDGA bags are good bets too. Oh, and there's plenty of room for underwear, or whatever it is you want to be carrying around. :wink:
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby twincitiesdg » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:52 pm

I have an idea. I hated the dividers in my pdga bag so I took them out and replaced it with a make-shift frame that I constructed out of an old hockey stick. It works great as a rack for the disc and also allows the bag to dry more efficiently. I'd like to make a better one but am kind of lazy. You should consider some kind of frame though just to help take some stress off of the seems and it will extend your bags lifespan. Also on frames, the new revo frames are nice, but they really are not any more functional than the gateway or gorilla boy frames. If you look at these two frames for a couple of minutes and are handy enough to change a light bulb you could probably construct your own for 5-10 bucks.
twincitiesdg
Noob

Return to General Discussion