FORE!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

hmm

Postby Mark56 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:27 pm

I haven't directly hit anyone...but...

On a very windy day when I was less experienced that I am now, I was throwing on a hole that is pretty open. So open that there is a road going parrallel with the hole, and lone behold, a car is driving towards me, away from the hole. I throw any way, and oh does this puppy soar, the wind takes it right into the middle of the road, right on the side of this ladies 2004 white durango. OUCH!. she nearly had a heart attack, fortuntaly she was cool about it after she found it she didnt run ever and kids...
Mark56
Noob

Postby sleepy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:24 am

I was just hit this past weekend. We were warming up before a round by putting on hole 18's basket. My buddy threw his disc back towards the teepad, and then went to go get it. I was putting things back into my bag when suddenly his disc hit me in the left knee...which wouldn't have been that scary except that I was bent over and my head was about a foot away from my knee! :shock:

It's okay though. It's probably just karma for when I threw a disc and hit my other buddy about a month ago. :oops: :D

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby roadkill » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:35 am

I was only hit once in 20 years. It was 15 years ago. Got hit with an old style hammer (mallet stamp) in the middle of the back. I was kinda pissed the guy didn't yell fore.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby ambiguous » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:42 am

I nailed a Windstar a couple weeks ago from 500' with my teerex. It was kinda downhill, but far enough to make a THUD that was really loud even back where I was. Scared dude out of his mind, he started honking his horn, got out and started pacing around the car, but by the time I got down the fairway he had moved to the basketball court and was calmly shooting around.
ambiguous
Noob

Postby kvanorsdel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:18 pm

I was driving with my Champ Rhyno and grip locked and hit a Jeep Cherokee parked about 50 ft away. Put a nice dent in the side panel. The worst part was that it was one of my clients vehicles and he was inside the jeep at the time on his cellphone.

That was a bit embaressing :oops:
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:45 am

I've been hit quite a few times, It's my damn wife as well. If she misses a long put, I'll start walking towards the pin and she will then throw everything in her bag, she won't say watch out until there is at least 3 discs not 2 feet from hitting me.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby chris86wm » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:46 pm

domromer wrote:I've been hit quite a few times, It's my damn wife as well. If she misses a long put, I'll start walking towards the pin and she will then throw everything in her bag, she won't say watch out until there is at least 3 discs not 2 feet from hitting me.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a friend that nearly takes my head off everytime he misses a putt.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to General Discussion