Orc V Wraith edit: Intermediate discs to get.

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Texas Made » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:20 pm

I have noticed that a brand new beast (the original mold) flies similar to an Orc. Strait, and then fades out nicely. But it seems that the more they break in, the more they tend to turn right at high speed. Good for flex shots (s-curve) but not so good for low flat strait shots....Just figured I would throw that in there....
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:02 am

I saw you got a ching Velocity. That disc flies great. I found a brand new one on the course and got to throwing it. It throws a lot like orcs/beasts, With good snap you can get that thing to go real straight.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

yes

Postby Mark56 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:18 pm

haha yes I got a velocity, and out of all the discs I threw I threw the velocity te farthest, but Im going to give an better update later because today it was raining when I was playing so I couldnt get a really good feel for the discs.

I really like all the thumb bumps in it.
Mark56
Noob

FYI

Postby Mark56 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 pm

Just as an FYI, I've had the discs for 5 days now so I'll give a little update on them. And then Highlight my day.

Today was the nicest day outside (KS) so I went up to the football feild nearby to throw. Besides the fact that a couple discs (stupid beast) would fly right into the raod almost hitting oncoming traffic (only 1 car hit today) at 45mph, it was nice.

I was throwing from the zero yardline to the opposing endzone.

DGA Squall - this disc surprised me when i went to throw it. I put some anhyzer on it and it would drift right for a while longer than many of my discs, then come back. The best I threw this disc was probably around 330, which was surprisingly one of my best throws that day. Most throws were just short or at 300 though.

Pro StarFires (167, 171, 172) - I like them a lot because so far they havent done me the dirty. With the proper anhyzer these suckers will go a while. Every throw was at the opposite endoze, so 300 feet, give or take.

Ching Velocity - BOOO. This disc was really good to me the first day I played with it. But I don't like the plastic its very soft and gets scrapped really easily. Almost worse than DX. It has also got worn in really fast. It has gotten understable (i think thats the correct term, it curves to the right very easily). Even when I tried to hyzer it it would flatten out and then go right, right into the 45mph road which was clealy not where it was suppose to go. on a good throw i could get the required 300 out of it.

Wizard Medium - I dont know how this disc goes so far. Its...so slow, it's deciving. But it got it around 200-230 with one throw where somehow it went 260. I now see why people like it.

DX Wolf - I don't know why, but i love this disc. Mostly because of its rim. I use it for putting cause it weighs 180. I got this sucker to go almost 290 feet which I was surprised with. I can't explain what a solid putt this is.

Star TeeRex - I can't anhyzer this disc at high speeds. Maybe once in 10 shots. But its a good throw and can still go 300.

DX Beast - this is the disc that was causing me problems earlier. Always curving to the right and never turing back. Today however with a little hyzer (I just kinda discovered why you hyzer a disc) I took it to the 300 mark as well even though all the problems its caused me I still don't like it.
Mark56
Noob

starfires

Postby twmccoy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:04 pm

For your power level the pro starfires will probably be your longest discs.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Blake_T » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:11 am

Mark:

if you are throwing the squall farther than the starfire, it screams that the starfire is too much disc for you right now.

there's a ton of disc skills out there to be developed, most of which require slow, responsive plastic to do so.

if you are flipping the velocity already, i would say your throw is probably laden with off-axis torque. that disc should fly straight if there is less than 325' of power on it and only gradually start to turn beyond that.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Previous

Return to General Discussion