Throwing Analysis Videos to watch

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Throwing Analysis Videos to watch

Postby bigboi76 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 pm

I am fairly novice IMO. I've been doing this for about 5 years, but it's been very off and on and at most 3 times a week, but usually 1 time weekly during spring/summer/fall months. I can throw 350-400' on a fairly wide open fairway with a CE Valkarie (174g). However, I am fairly inconsistent with my throws. I would watch other people, but the course I golf on, well, there aren't pros or even people who are that good that play it for the most part. I'm a par golfer and I'm better than anyone I've played with there.

Who's video should I watch to see what good form looks like? I know I don't have a good enough reach back as when I try to, the rest of my release goes to crap.

Thanks for any input.
bigboi76
Noob

Postby Discoman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:40 pm

well first of I am probbly alot more of a beginner than you, but I have been improving thanks to this site! The articles on driving form are extremely good as is the grip article. Start there and make sure that your fundamentals are solid. Then the videos will make a lot more sense as will the throws of your coursemates. Spotting the common errors will help you understand the whole throw on up to your own level. Practice in the field is invaluable as well. IMHO
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby bigboi76 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:53 pm

Yeah, I read most of the articles. The x step thing sounds confusing so that's why I want to see it on video. I'm assuming I already do this since the few experienced (pro) people I have seen play, I throw quite similar to them, at least approach wise.
bigboi76
Noob

Return to General Discussion