tee pads- concrete vs. dirt

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:43 am

Luckyg71 wrote:I hate courses where the concrete is too short and their is a big drop off at the end.

I also dislike this, but after awhile I can get used to it, what really gets me is when a course has different size teepads, some small and some large.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 am

too short isnt an issue unless theres no room behind the tee.
Its those narrow ones w/ mounds of dirt next to them that bother me :-?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Terrence » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:02 am

Over the last few years the local organization here has been spending the donation money on concrete pads, and it has been worth every dollar I've donated. Every hole out in the open courses has nice long textured concrete pads and all the holes in the woods have nice thick rubber mats. The tees that have dropoffs or mounds in front have an extra 6 or so feet of flat dirt carved behind the concrete part.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:06 pm

After playing for years in Austin with nothing but a little flag to mark the tee off, I was confused when my local course was built with concrete tee pads (also with traction lines).

The biggest problem was my run up; you have to start it off the tee bad, but many players accidentally step of and land on their butt (happened to me once).

For the rain/mud issue, they are better than dirt but usually end up muddy and slippery anyway.

Still, I've gotten used to them.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby didihitatree » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:50 pm

I know concrete pads are easier to drive off of, but I want to see as little concrete as possible on the course. Just for aesthetic reasons.
didihitatree
Noob

Postby swel304 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:19 pm

too short isnt an issue unless theres no room behind the tee.

all the tee's on my course are the exact same size except for two of them. One is a downhill and no big deal because I dont do a runup for downhills. the other is a very short, slightly uphill shot, only about 180. the tee is about 1.5 foot shorter than all the others and it just completely messes me up. If I dont step off the front and almost break my neck I end up throwing really short. there is no mound at the back, I wish there was room for one.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Previous

Return to General Discussion