Disc golf vacation

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc golf vacation

Postby domromer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Just played two rounds with a nice guy from Canada.He is doing a disc golf tour of the west. He went from Winnipeg to Minnesota, Then Kansas City, onto Texas, Arizona , Cali, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Montana, and then back across to home.

What an awesome trip! He mentioned one day where he played 4 diffirent courses while driving through Texas.

I'd love an epic disc golf trip. anybody else have any fun golf road trips?
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby roadkill » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:19 pm

I haven't gone any long multiple week trips but some friends of mine did a few years ago.

There were four guys that took 3 weeks and drove all over the country and played a crapload of courses. They had a 100 custom discs made that commemorated their trip and sold them to disc golfers everywhere they played. The proceeds from the discs sales defrayed some of their costs.

If I did something like that I'd probably spend a whole week just in a state like Texas because you could play many courses within a relatively short drive. I wouldn't want to drive more than three hours at a time without playing a course somewhere.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby domromer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:23 pm

I've got a mini tour planned for thankgiving. Going to Play Farmington MN, up to Durango, they have 3 nice courses. Over to Cortez and then back down to Flagstaff. It's only a long weekend, but it sure beats work.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:17 pm

My friends and I did a 3 day tour of CO courses the year I started playing, It was a blast. Me and some other friends are planning a trip the week of am worlds this coming summer.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby swel304 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:13 am

id love to do something like this, but my friends are so lazy its hard to get them out for a round on a local course much less traveling. Guess I could go alone but it wouldnt be as fun I think.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 pm

I travel alot to play as my local 9 course sometimes doesn't fulfill my disc golf needs, but nothing like that.

Texas is a great place for this. Headed north from here there is: west guth in corpus, Live Oak in Ingleside, a course in San Antonio(actually Live Oak not to be confused with the previously mentioned one), Universal CIty (10 min from Live Oak), and that's just from San Antonio south!

I know Austin has 9 courses (probably more by now) when I used to drive up there to play.

My goal is to play all the courses in Texas first and then maybe branch out to other states.

I"ve never played any of the Houston courses either.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:36 pm

I have only played something like nine of the 20+ courses in Northern Oregon. Seems there are some places round here I need to visit!
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 pm

I am not going on a trip, but some denver guys are heading to Emporia KS for a tourney next month, and I am thinking Im going w/, the courses look amazing.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby mothrows » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:02 am

Cool, I'll be there too. I haven't had a chance to play there yet and I'm really looking forward to it. The players pack looks pretty nice for a one day tournament too.

http://www.kansasdiscgolf.com/forum/vie ... 6&start=60

esp disc and t shirt, not too bad for a thirty dollar entry fee (at least in my division :) )
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:48 am

thats not bad. I was kinda poking to see if anyone from the board would be there. Anyone else?
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby superq » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 am

the Emporia course is not only bad a$$ you will not find many events that are run as well as E town does it.

I am almost positive I will be making it down for that one. If you need directions or more info let me know. (Emporia was my home course until a few years ago)

In addition to this the tournament is a qualifier for the Sunday event that is invite only for the top KDGA members so there will be some studds in the field for sure.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby didihitatree » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:05 pm

I've never made a road trip or vacation just for disc golf, but over the past year I've found myself grabbing my bag whenever I travel-- whether it's for business or with some friends.

And I usually find that the rounds I play are the more vivid memories of that trip.
It's kind of a cool way to see the regional environment and get out of the hustle-and-bustle.

I always play like crap, though. I'm too busy enjoying the outdoors and relaxing. :lol:
didihitatree
Noob

Postby Drew » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:38 am

you should all come down to florida for your disc golf vacations. eighty degrees and beautiful women never hurt anyone. seriously though, we have some beautiful course down here and this is the time of year the weather is best.
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby Texas Made » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Austin Texas, Round Rock Texas, Georgetown Texas.
These three cities are nested along Interstate 35, within 30 minutes of each other.
Each one has very nice courses....and 80 degree weather...and the finest Ladies of the south...Yeah it's pretty tough being from Texas.... :wink:
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion