Weekends

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Weekends

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:57 pm

It must be the weekend. I have been out playing for 4 hours, but its really windy, and becuase I live on the course (literally 100' from hole 3's tee this year) I have been coming back to my room to rehydrate and such. While inside I usually check my mail.
Everyone must be out enjoying their saturday because no one is posting or emailing me or anything. :roll: Everyone must perfer playing DG to talking about it ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby domromer » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Just got back in from playing 2 rounds. Had snow on the course today. Made it interesting. Found a disc I have never heard of it's made by innova, it's called the JLS. Throws kinda of nice. Not a bad Saturaday so far.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby chris86wm » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:09 pm

just got back from playing 18. between disc golf and football, my weekend are pretty much internet free.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:16 pm

i played real early this morning and did work around the house...and started cleaning out the garage...and getting the snow thrower ready
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby mysensesfailme10 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:16 pm

i just got back from around 30 holes. not a bad saturday. and as i was leaving it started to rain. as for the rest of the weekend i have work tomorrow afternoon so i may wake up around 7ish and play a round or so
mysensesfailme10
Noob

Postby Arm Of Despair » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:57 pm

Went to the course today to play but they were having an intercollegiate tournament of some kind. But talked to Dave McCormick who was helping run the thing, and asked him for a few pointers. He proceeded to give me a mini-clinic on driving and putting for about 45 minutes. What a dude! Super nice guy and fun to hang with. He also had new prototype Blurrs that he was really flying. Very nice day.
Arm Of Despair
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:14 pm

domromer wrote:Just got back in from playing 2 rounds. Had snow on the course today. Made it interesting. Found a disc I have never heard of it's made by innova, it's called the JLS. Throws kinda of nice. Not a bad Saturaday so far.

JLS is a millineum disc, millineum was the "professional" division of innova before it split off to be its own thing (similar to Ching from innova and DGA from discraft) alot of millineum discs still carry innova patents and stamps.

I enjoied the wind, and started to love the SOLF.

I have only heard good things about David M.
Last edited by Thatdirtykid on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby domromer » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:42 pm

ah I see.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Terrence » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:35 am

It's been raining for WEEKS here in Michigan. In fact, I can't wait until it snows because it isn't so miserable to play in the snow. And I was excited about autumn for disc golf :(.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Frontman311 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:03 pm

I hear ya Terrence, I'm up here in Traverse and it's not any nicer. I've been playing as long as it's not pouring though, gotta keep it up 'cause I'm ending this season on such a strong note; yet I still have progress to make before I resort to 99% indoor putting.
Stay positive and love your life.
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

Postby -Frank- » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:01 pm

Terrence wrote:It's been raining for WEEKS here in Michigan. In fact, I can't wait until it snows because it isn't so miserable to play in the snow. And I was excited about autumn for disc golf :(.

It was pretty nice here in Lansing yesterday. Today it was awful, but me and a couple of buddies played some object golf during breaks in the rain.
-Frank-
Noob

Postby Glock23 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:14 am

It sucks being in ohio, because DG is almost a weekend sport now. By the time I get out of work it is nearly dark, and you don't have time to get in many holes.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby mothrows » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:17 am

I'm dreading the stooooooopid time change.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Texas Made » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:09 pm

Played a mini on the Westside Saturday and did quite well-
3rd out of 26..... It was windy and 2nd only beat me by one stroke. The guy that won the Mini was a Masters player, so of course I got beat....Good round and good company.

The time change effects Texas as well. In the summer it gets dark at almost 9pm, now its getting dark close to 7:30pm.....I hate the time change, I wish it wasn't that way. I guess I will have to only play 9 holes instead of 18 here in a couple of weekes....Boooo!
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:32 pm

mothrows wrote:I'm dreading the stooooooopid time change.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion